It's about time drivers took responsibility for their own actions.

perhaps if bus fares or tramfares was cheaper more would use them instead ,
Bus fares used to be much cheaper and for an excellent service. Unsurprisingly it was heavily used and Sheffield had I believe the lowest car ownership in country as a result.

This was however deemed a bad thing and was stopped for petty political reasons. The fact that no-one in city benefitted from increased pollution, more congestion, less parking spaces, a poorer bus service etc was not important. Small minded ideology was more more important than success.

Bus fares used to be much cheaper and for an excellent service. Unsurprisingly it was heavily used and Sheffield had I believe the lowest car ownership in country as a result.

This was however deemed a bad thing and was stopped for petty political reasons. The fact that no-one in city benefitted from increased pollution, more congestion, less parking spaces, a poorer bus service etc was not important. Small minded ideology was more more important than success.

Fares were 10p and were heavily subsidised by Sheffield tax/ratepayers, who weren't very happy about it.

Jezzyjj. Just stay indoors love, you're obviously too insecure and nervous to be out on your own. Have a cup of cocoa, go to bed and relax.
And you are a patronising muppet and possibly the sort of person who would happily endanger or kill others if it meant you got to your destination 4 seconds earlier.

Maybe someone should come by your place on a regular basis and threaten you with a baseball bat and then I can call you a cry baby if you complained, as every time bat was swung at you the thug just happened to miss. So far. </satire>

Yawn. Cliche No 1 ticked off within 2 posts.:clap:

Drivers need to take responsibility for their own antisocial behaviour and stop blaming/attacking others.

Vehicles kill thousands of people a year and injure and maim tens of thousands of others. Cyclists however do not have the capacity to kill and injure in the same way, not to mention the rider is more likely to be hurt than anyone else unlike with cars which are very safe to be in if having an accident. There is very, very little comparison between the cycles and enclosed motorised vehicles, one had a large capacity to hurt others and protect the driver, the other very little ability to hurt drivers and a big risk to the cyclist.

---------- Post added 10-02-2016 at 23:24 ----------

This is the point I am trying to make. Drivers seem to feel that their actions are without consequence and yet love to blame everyone else for road problems when drivers are the ones killing waaaaay more people than all the terrorists in the world combined.

Its NEVER the cyclists fault is it...

Fares were 10p and were heavily subsidised by Sheffield tax/ratepayers, who weren't very happy about it.
More ignorance. It is cheaper to have a good efficient public transport system that everyone contributes to and benefits from, than a city that is now suffering from poor air quality, gridlock if someone sneezes in city and the expense of using private bus companies who provide an inferior service. The only people who benefit are the owners of said bus companies. Who do not even live in Sheffield.

I know it's anecdotal but in my view it is not '99.9%' as you claim. I do think the majority of drivers are skilled and competent to be in charge of a vehicle, but there's a significant (of all ages) that are not and they need to be taken off the roads, for their own safety as well as that of others.

I made up the percentage as I don't know the actual figures.

The vast vast majority of people do drive just fine though, so why penalise everyone for the minority that don't seem to have a clue.

No!

I'll blame myself if it was my own silly fault.

Lots of car drivers are irresponsible and selfish. They use mobile phones whilst speeding and put the safety of others at risk.

I hope the Government keeps increasing taxes to deter the idiots that shouldn't be driving from driving.

Two awards. one for the funniest post of the week and the other for the most stupid.

And you are a patronising muppet and possibly the sort of person who would happily endanger or kill others if it meant you got to your destination 4 seconds earlier.

Maybe someone should come by your place on a regular basis and threaten you with a baseball bat and then I can call you a cry baby if you complained, as every time bat was swung at you the thug just happened to miss. So far. </satire>

Oh shut up you idiot. You know nothing about me or even if I drive. But don't let stop your pathetic rant. As for threats with a baseball bat, you've completely lost the plot. Forget the cocoa you seriously need a psychatrist.

Its NEVER the cyclists fault is it...
You are the cliche aren't you?

The many thousands of people killed every years on our roads are not killed by cyclists. But by drivers. How much in denial can you be?

You are proving the point of my post, drivers do not like to take responsibility for their own actions. Selfish behaviour that kills more people than terrorists in their wildest dreams could even hope to murder and yet you attack a group of people who regularly get killed by drivers. Deliberately at times too. A group of people who the more there are on the roads, the less people will be killed. An idiot cyclist tends to hurt themselves, not others unlike drivers surrounded by a tonne of metal and safety features that protect the driver.

Oh shut up you idiot. You know nothing about me or even if I drive. But don't let stop your pathetic rant. As for threats with a baseball bat, you've completely lost the plot. Forget the cocoa you seriously need a psychatrist.
Duh! Not very bright are you. It wasn't a threat it was an analogy to show how daft your attitude was. The fact it was clearly labelled as satire seemed to pass you by too.

Hi jezzy.

Could you please let me have a list of the roads that you plan to drive/cycle on tomorrow. Then I can avoid them for my own safety.

If you drive or cycle in such an intemperate way as you type, there is no wonder that you end up in conflict with other road users.

Take it easy out there and stay safe :)