Facebook and sexual grooming

Not all parent are on facebook, I believe my daughter is on twitter, but I am not.

You don't need your own Facebook or Twitter account to ask your children for their username and passwords, or look at their Internet history.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but my son is 12 and I have access to his email, facebook and Xbox Live account and can monitor his browsing history; I'm sure some people would see it as an invasion of privacy but until I'm confident he knows how to be sensible online and can trust him to not be duped, scammed, bully and fall foul of any other online etiquette, that's the way it is.

It's the modern day equivalent of our parents looking at the itemised phone bill and asking who the hell we were ringing that cost £2.50 in the middle of the afternoon.

Kids are on oovoo, snapchat and instagram mostly now. FB is for us oldies. Sooooo uncool.

I'm confident he knows how to be sensible online and can trust him to not be duped, scammed, bully and fall foul of any other online etiquette, that's the way it is.

It's the modern day equivalent of our parents looking at the itemised phone bill and asking who the hell we were ringing that cost £2.50 in the middle of the afternoon.

Its a question of how they learn that. If you block everything, they learn nothing, if they see things gradually, they know to stay away from the weirdos.

Its a question of how they learn that. If you block everything, they learn nothing, if they see things gradually, they know to stay away from the weirdos.

I'm not blocking anything. Monitoring doesn't mean blocking. Teaching them how to use the Internet and that not everyone online is genuine isn't blocking either.

You are coming across as not only someone who is unaware of what their children do online, you are also coming across as scared to find out.