Anyone else noticed the 'Verify By Visa' goes straight through!

Just lately I've bought quite a few things on line, and usually when you put your details in, the last step is a Verify by Visa popup window which asks you to enter different characters of your password, to verify, you are who you say you are.

Just lately though, the window seems to open and then it automatically carries on, and boom you've paid, without entering the characters.

Is it because of the busy Christmas period?...Has something changed I don't know about?...Is it a glitch?...Is it happening to 'just me'...If so why?...So many questions!

Yes it always happens to me and has done for quite some time. It did puzzle me for a while but no idea why it happens

Yes it always happens to me and has done for quite some time. It did puzzle me for a while but no idea why it happens

It's only been about the last month or so for me. But it 'starts' to load and then just carries on. If it didn't start to load at all, maybe I could understand..But not start and then not bother.

I always kinda felt a bit reassured when I had to put elements of my password in...I suppose it was like a belt and braces type thing. But now it doesn't bother...I wonder if the banks know?

Yes that's exactly how I felt but it's happened for well over a year to me now.

Yes that's exactly how I felt but it's happened for well over a year to me now.

Same here - well over a year for me.

For my other half, however, who has only just started paying for stuff online the Verified by Visa box always appears and he has to enter the appropriate bits of his password.

I wonder if it is length of time that payments have been made or the number of payments made which causes it to happen.

Edited by Library
added a bit more

Same here - well over a year for me.

For my other half, however, who has only just started paying for stuff online the Verified by Visa box always appears and he has to enter the appropriate bits of his password.

I wonder if it is length of time that payments have been made or the number of payments made which causes it to happen.

I have no idea. But I wish they would tell you...it's all a bit disconcerting.

I read somewhere that it gets automated if you regularly use a specific site.

That your details are on record so no need to verify.

Oh!....Really?...I wasn't aware of that...(obviously)....It seems a bit odd really, as at any point someone could hack my details...(not impossible)....Then not have to enter any further details...as verification...How bizarre!

Oh!....Really?...I wasn't aware of that...(obviously)....It seems a bit odd really, as at any point someone could hack my details...(not impossible)....Then not have to enter any further details...as verification...How bizarre!

:wave:

I think you should be safe Mr Pete... :huh:

... I can't imagine many hackers will be wanting to use the AgeUK or Saga websites! ;)

(Happy New Year Mr Pete! :partyhat:)

:wave:

I think you should be safe Mr Pete... :huh:

... I can't imagine many hackers will be wanting to use the AgeUK or Saga websites! ;)

(Happy New Year Mr Pete! :partyhat:)

Hahaha...I can always rely on you to chuck a funny comment in....Funnily enough, I do use Saga....

Happy new year to you too....(Old Cliche)...Let's hope it's better than next year...( that gives me at least another year at my age...hahaha)

Yes Mr. Fisk that's right, same computer same credit/debit card and it's automated. Changing one or the other and you have to go into details again.

Pete, I'm not saying this is correct and understand someone would be worried.

Just this information was passed down and perhaps some sites work that way.

This is from RBOS webpage on security:

Bank of Scotland Secure is a service offered by Bank of Scotland in partnership with Visa International Services Association and MasterCard® International. This service offers more secure Internet shopping, using your preferred form of Internet payment – your Bank of Scotland credit or debit card. The service will assess each transaction and your card details are either automatically verified or, where a transaction is deemed to be high risk, you will be required to provide information for further verification. The Bank of Scotland Secure service only applies to online purchases at participating retailers.