Croats in Sheffield?( and couple of questions)

Thorpist is right about the running.

Hallam 'parkrun' is your nearest in Endcliffe park, there are 4 smaller ones in Sheffield too and another 377 nationwide. Many running clubs use it them as a regular get together and check on their fitness. You can be as involved as you want or just register, turn up, run, get scanned and go home to await your result email to come through in about 3/4 hours.

Hallam average over 350 runners every week from 16 minutes to 45 minutes so you will fit in somewhere.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sheffieldhallam/results/latestresults/

All 'parkruns' have 5 things in common:-

Always 5k

Always timed.

Always at 9am

Always with a cafe nearby

&

Always free.

p.s. we went to Varazdin and Trakoscan once and it was great.

Glad to hear it!:) Thanx everybody! See you soon!

Hi croat77

Dont be overcome by posters on this thread, the truth is you will be looked down upon as soon as you start to talk (accent), people who you dont know will think you are here for the benefits of this country. so be prepared.

The people who you live near who know you are here to work, will welcome you and befriend you. Good Luck

Hi croat77

Dont be overcome by posters on this thread, the truth is you will be looked down upon as soon as you start to talk (accent), people who you dont know will think you are here for the benefits of this country. so be prepared.

The people who you live near who know you are here to work, will welcome you and befriend you. Good Luck

Yes, I am 100% aware of that, and I fully understand it. Especially in times like this (high emigration, etc.)

And I cant hide my accent if I want it to, beacuse we Croats sounds like russians to every UK/US from my experience :hihi:

I am IT technician, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I worked really large spectar of jobs through the years. From field of economics, telecomunication to pure basic physical labor when I have to.

And I was lucky one, I actually worked all the time:)

I know what you mean

i dont think you will have a problem finding work.

But an IT technician in the uk, you will need a degree to get a good job. I hope you have one? the pay is not to good on starting in IT but after a couple of years the pay is very good.But if you have not got the qualifications people with computer literacy are all ways wanted,

Hi croat77

You don't half talk some <REMOVED> kidley.

Hi croat77

Yes, I am 100% aware of that, and I fully understand it. Especially in times like this (high emigration, etc.)

And I cant hide my accent if I want it to, beacuse we Croats sounds like russians to every UK/US from my experience :hihi:

I dont think so ash.