Need some assistance regarding Paypal refund

Hello,

Yesterday I was informed by ebay that an item I purchased which was basically described in good condition with no damage but definitely was they had a deemed a refund and I need to follow the following steps to reclaim it:

Here's how to confirm your email address in PayPal:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com.

2. Place your pointer over Profile, and then select Add or Edit Email.

3. Select your email address, and then click the Confirm button.

4. Check your email account for an email from PayPal.

5. Open the email and follow the instructions to confirm your email address.

On point 2, I cannot select add or edit email as there is only one email address given and I cannot confirm it as its greyed out. I have tried adding another address and also the same one again however paypal won't let me beyond this point.

The profile is the cog on the top tool bar, I posted a help in the ebay community however haven't received a response and getting through to ebay these days is next to impossible

Could someone please explain in plain English how I go about this as it really isn't helpful at all and I just can't get beyond point 2

Thank you for your time

Hello,

Yesterday I was informed by ebay that an item I purchased which was basically described in good condition with no damage but definitely was they had a deemed a refund and I need to follow the following steps to reclaim it:

Here's how to confirm your email address in PayPal:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com.

2. Place your pointer over Profile, and then select Add or Edit Email.

3. Select your email address, and then click the Confirm button.

4. Check your email account for an email from PayPal.

5. Open the email and follow the instructions to confirm your email address.

On point 2, I cannot select add or edit email as there is only one email address given and I cannot confirm it as its greyed out. I have tried adding another address and also the same one again however paypal won't let me beyond this point.

The profile is the cog on the top tool bar, I posted a help in the ebay community however haven't received a response and getting through to ebay these days is next to impossible

Could someone please explain in plain English how I go about this as it really isn't helpful at all and I just can't get beyond point 2

Thank you for your time

I am guessing you have access to this grey out email so have a look in this email for a paypal confirmation email address and follow it

I'm having same trouble.

I bought something that doesn't work. I contacted the company who said they would send a return label. I then get a message from eBay saying they have removed the listing.

Trying to get into eBay is like trying to get into MI5 now. It says case already open contact the seller, but as they've removed it I can't.

I was going round in circles yesterday and getting very frustrated.

Fleecebay seems to have gone to the dogs these days, it's a very different animal to when it started.

Good luck on your refund, you will need it I think.

Angel1.

Never had an issue ! Just report it , wait the pre set time and you get refunded !

Did you report this item as faulty or did you get an email from so called ebay/ PayPal ? Check the email address as it may be a scam

Edited by alarmingmark
Mis spell

Hello again,

It transpires following the ebay/Paypal issues of earlier last week that the error is down to this. Some buyers had issues trying to pay using Paypal whereas others had refund issues and were unable to record or add the respective tracking numbers of their items.

The refund went through yesterday with much relief, thank you for your assistance.

One point I have noticed which was pointed out by a member is the difficulty of trying to get through to either Paypal and ebay. Ebay used to have a very good live chat which seems to have been removed....maybe it was costing them too much! :gag:

Thank you again for your replies, greatly appreciated:)