Jeremy Clarkson sued

I don't really understand how a civil case can be brought if charges were never pressed in the first place. Doesn't need a conviction as different levels of evidence needed, but it seems a bit duplicitous to not press charges but then to try to claim some financial reward? Nah, not on for me, even though I'd love to see Clarkson suffer!

I don't really understand how a civil case can be brought if charges were never pressed in the first place. Doesn't need a conviction as different levels of evidence needed, but it seems a bit duplicitous to not press charges but then to try to claim some financial reward? Nah, not on for me, even though I'd love to see Clarkson suffer!

Why don't people like Clarkson. I disagree with most of his views but at least he is entertaining and not afraid to speak his mind.

Why don't people like Clarkson. I disagree with most of his views but at least he is entertaining and not afraid to speak his mind.

I don't know really. I just never have. I find him funny on Top Gear and happily watched that without getting offended! Just find him too much outside of Top Gear I think. Anyone who punches someone and then tries to make out it was the other guys fault isn't someone I'm going to like very much.

No, but it seems a coincidence that while he was still working for Top Gear he didn't want it to go further but now he is not, he is suddenly feeling oppressed.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 13:56 ----------

I'm shocked Max Clifford hasn't been in contact, oh hang on I think he is a little busy at the moment.

When I meant ? It was only a small? Obviously he will have explored all avenues as to the strength of his calim with his lawyers and they felt that was an option to increase the strength of his case rather than Top Gear ha bubbling racism going on underneath. We will have to see whether it ever gets to a tribunal or they settle.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 16:20 ----------

Because a civil claim is for civil remedies. He's claiming for wrongs done to him relating to his employment rather than the direct assault. Clarkson has already admitted that.

When I meant ? It was only a small? Obviously he will have explored all avenues as to the strength of his calim with his lawyers and they felt that was an option to increase the strength of his case rather than Top Gear ha bubbling racism going on underneath. We will have to see whether it ever gets to a tribunal or they settle.

---------- Post added 13-11-2015 at 16:20 ----------

Because a civil claim is for civil remedies. He's claiming for wrongs done to him relating to his employment rather than the direct assault. Clarkson has already admitted that.

Ah apologies, I thought he was claiming for assault. Clearly, if there is no 'crime' then you can't press charges but obviously could claim damages. I was only referring to criminal cases where charges aren't brought but then suddenly there's a million pound lawsuit going on.

Ah apologies, I thought he was claiming for assault. Clearly, if there is no 'crime' then you can't press charges but obviously could claim damages. I was only referring to criminal cases where charges aren't brought but then suddenly there's a million pound lawsuit going on.

In some minor cases when the police consider charging they take the victims views into consideration. Domestic scuffles are a classic example. Where the police feel its appropriate they might let someone off with a caution. Where its more serious, then whether or not the victim consents its irrelevant as the police and cps can press charges without the victim. the victim can be compelled to give evidence.

He had a split lip? havent seen the claim, someone mentioned some racism, vut he will be suing for the financial loss he believes he suffered due to the event, which will be far greater than the injury. A conviction hels as evidence, but isnt always conclusive.

Surely if he called him an Irish b...... then it's abuse against his culture/origins. They technically may not be always classed as a race but the Irish get their own box on official forms like the census for race classification so therefore it could be seen as racist.