Taxpayer support

Yes, why?

That should have said "advanced enough" btw.

Congratulations. I'm impressed.

Ever heard of Disraeli?

I have an advanced understanding of the stuff that comes out of a bull's posterior and I don't think that congratulations are necessary. :hihi:

I heard a story on radio four about a Bradford family, that only a few months ago were a family living in Syria, they are refugees to this country. They were asked about what benefits they received, they said housing benefit, and in total for their family, the benefits were £1.500 per month. I thought Cameron had stopped non-EU benefits?

I heard a story on radio four about a Bradford family, that only a few months ago were a family living in Syria, they are refugees to this country. They were asked about what benefits they received, they said housing benefit, and in total for their family, the benefits were £1.500 per month. I thought Cameron had stopped non-EU benefits?

Not for genuine asylum seekers

Not for genuine asylum seekers

And refugees/migrants!

And refugees/migrants!

You can't be a refugee until you have been an asylum seeker and had your application approved.

Your post was not about migrants. Don't change the subject.

It must really hack people off who work for a living and get less than people who come half way across the world to be given free stuff at their expense.

It must really hack people off who work for a living and get less than people who come half way across the world to be given free stuff at their expense.

To be honest I'm more bothered about the bankers that have cost us hundreds of billions of pounds.

If you wanna start talking about taxpayer support there's a great place to start ;)

Absolutely.. We've got enough scrounges here without importing them.

40 hours on minimum wage, less than 270 quid, what a joke.

Absolutely.. We've got enough scrounges here without importing them.

40 hours on minimum wage, less than 270 quid, what a joke.

Well then, you must be delighted that the Tories are increasing the minimum wage ;)

Well then, you must be delighted that the Tories are increasing the minimum wage ;)

Yes I am, but nobody should be getting more on benefits. Certainly not someone who's paid nothing in.

To be honest I'm more bothered about the bankers that have cost us hundreds of billions of pounds.

If you wanna start talking about taxpayer support there's a great place to start ;)

What do you want me to say? They've screwed everyone over and now they're getting back on track. Brown had to bail the banks out to save th country from catastrophe. Shame he didn't have enough reserves to do it more safely.

Anyway this thread is about benefits. Enough has already been said about the bankers. It's for another thread.

---------- Post added 25-11-2015 at 00:02 ----------

Yes I am, but nobody should be getting more on benefits. Certainly not someone who's paid nothing in.

It is a travesty. The system is a travesty. I hope the tories continue to try to sort it out.