Teachers and parents given school parking ticket powers

CCTV on a pole to catch offenders.

Fine in the post.

CCTV paid for in no time at all, and lots more 'stock' photographs of pathetic, excuse trotting, scowling parents for local newspapers.

That's what happens round my way, a CCTV camera car tours the local schools and catches people.

when we were at school we walked there and walked home. It was a mile and a half each way , but good exercise . Its no wonder so many kids are overweight these days when parents are driving them to school .

Too many parents these days think the bogey man is hiding around every corner. Give the little darlings some fresh air and exercise and make em walk like we had too ( in all weathers too )

I live opposite a primary school and twice a day it is total mayhem outside as parents battle for the parking spaces nearest the school (including double lines, zigzag lines and the school bus place), unwilling to drive even 100m further on (where there is much more room) and walk back with their precious spring-offs. Most of them live within easy walking distance of school, yet choose to drive; others qualify (by distance) for free school transport on a minibus with CRB checked driver and seatbelts, yet feel their child is 'too young' to travel 2 miles in this way.

The example being set to their children by these lazy/selfish/obsessively protective parents is woeful.

others qualify (by distance) for free school transport on a minibus with CRB checked driver and seatbelts, yet feel their child is 'too young' to travel 2 miles in this way.

The example being set to their children by these lazy/selfish/obsessively protective parents is woeful.

I work at a school like this, funding is much harder to get these days.

We even have the occasional 56 seater coach parking on the zig zags. There is little action against bad parkers because the wardens are afraid of issuing tickets, in my opinion.

I work at a school like this, funding is much harder to get these days.

We even have the occasional 56 seater coach parking on the zig zags. There is little action against bad parkers because the wardens are afraid of issuing tickets, in my opinion.

Please explain why funding has got anything to do with the stupidity of parents when dropping their children off at school.

Please explain why funding has got anything to do with the stupidity of parents when dropping their children off at school.

I guess the high school kids and those that live close by should walk, but a school bus is the best option for those living beyond walking distance.

I guess the high school kids and those that live close by should walk, but a school bus is the best option for those living beyond walking distance.

That doesn't really answer the question. Local education authorities are under a statutory responsibility to provide school transport for children aged 5 - 16 if they attend their nearest school and it is more than (I think) three miles away).

If a bus is provided, children should be on it, not brought by their parents in a car.