Bailiff question

That didn't appear in any way to be an apology.

Hence sort of. More a backtrack.

not been on SF for a while and not sure whether i should've started a new thread. but i foolishly let in a council enforcement agent a few months ago . having already told him i was reluctant to let him come in to my flat. he just wanted to 'do some paperwork' and i fell for it ..

one thing under the subsequent 'controlled goods order' is my car, which having researched it, seems like this is wrong, because i use the car in the course of my job and not to and from one place of work . the car is worth less than £1350 .

anyone been in similar situation ?

not been on SF for a while and not sure whether i should've started a new thread. but i foolishly let in a council enforcement agent a few months ago . having already told him i was reluctant to let him come in to my flat. he just wanted to 'do some paperwork' and i fell for it ..

one thing under the subsequent 'controlled goods order' is my car, which having researched it, seems like this is wrong, because i use the car in the course of my job and not to and from one place of work . the car is worth less than £1350 .

First rule if you get whiff of a county court order or a CCJ being issued against you is get any assets out of your name incase its upgraded to the high court and the scummy bailiff`s are sent round.

and if you are taken to court for gods sake actually appear and defend yourself, so many cases are won by default because the defendant doesn't turn up.

thanks for your comments but i was hoping someone was going to reply to me specifically, what you have put is basically off topic especially about appearing in court. useful info but u weren't answering what i was asking .

thanks for your comments but i was hoping someone was going to reply to me specifically, what you have put is basically off topic especially about appearing in court. useful info but u weren't answering what i was asking .

I think the posts were advice, and you'll be lucky even on a forum this big to find something exactly like yours.

The first advice is too late [and for future reference], the second is wise.

-

If you expand on this bit, you're likely to get more advice I think:

one thing under the subsequent 'controlled goods order' is my car, which having researched it, seems like this is wrong, because i use the car in the course of my job and not to and from one place of work . the car is worth less than £1350.

Bolds: You're probably looking at professional legal help if you want to pursue this aspect I think pdbmn.

If this was a fly-by-night company and situation, it might be different, but the council over the years have learnt to be pretty water-tight with their legal proceedings.

Personally I'm in no position to offer advice, but on another forum I frequent, Sheila at bailiff advice online seems very highly regarded.

Certainly I understand that you will be dealing with an expert in the field, rather than unverifiable comments on a general forum, (though I do appreciate that there are one or two genuine legal experts on here)

Yes as others have said, you need proper, professional legal advice now.

They have the paperwork to come and take your stuff, you're beyond friendly advice on internet forums, it's quite serious.

Good luck.