Factory shop (food place) in Woodhouse

Can someone tell me if the factory food shop is still in woodhouse?, been a long time since i went and i cant remember its name

Sort of place where you would turkey burgers and such like!

You don't need to go there. I'm sure you could get some delivered with the rest of your shopping.

You don't need to go there. I'm sure you could get some delivered with the rest of your shopping.

No thats true,ones does get the shopping so i don't have to mix with the great unwashed!

However if anyone knows the place please do let one know

No thats true,ones does get the shopping so i don't have to mix with the great unwashed!

However if anyone knows the place please do let one know

Snob or what :P

I can't think of a factory food shop in Woodhouse unless you mean Jack Fultons. If so that's still there. The one that was at Handsworth closed ages ago.

Edited by SILLY

Was it Hopwoods, on the main road on the corner.

Like SILLY said its been closed a long time.

There is The Company Shop you can register with them and buy there, it's the same sort of thing. I can't remember where it is I've not been for years.

Edited by woggle

I think it must be at least 10 years since Hopwoods closed. The other one was on Orgreave close but that also closed a good few years ago. I think that it belonged to Transfields. I thought it was called Hazelwoods though before it closed.

Edited by SILLY

I think it must be at least 10 years since Hopwoods closed. The other one was on Orgreave close but that also closed a good few years ago. I think that it belonged to Transfields.

Now that is a long time ago

Think the OP might be thinking of this place on Retford Road, between the turning for Beaver Hill Road and the road to Orgreave.

the shop between Orgreave Road & Beaver Hill Road closed many years ago, they moved to the tradinging estate where the HGV Testing place is. This one has now closed and moved to Hellaby Industial Est just off Junc 1 M18. If you want to find it come off at Junct 1 M18 turm towards Maltby, trading est is on your left hand side at small round about turn left onto the estate then 1st left again and the shop is at the far end of the road on your right handside (last building on the road)

Edited by therascal

the shop between Orgreave Road & Beaver Hill Road closed many years ago, they moved to the tradinging estate where the HGV Testing place is. This one has now closed and moved to Hellaby Industial Est just off Junc 1 M18. If you want to find it come off at Junct 1 M18 turm towards Maltby, trading est is on your left hand side at small round about turn left onto the estate then 1st left again and the shop is at the far end of the road on your right handside (last building on the road)

It hasn't moved to Hellaby the one at Hellaby has been there ages, and sold a lot of the stuff the same as the one at Handsworth. Apparently the one at Hellaby was going to open one near the one that's just closed at Handsworth. They also have a shop at Mexborough.