Travel help needed

Hello folks - just a quick question - I have just moved house to a place just off Fox Hill Road, and i'm looking for some travel advice.

My better half works near the Childrens hospital and we're looking at public transport options.

Most buses seem to go round the houses and nowhere near that side of town, also the tram is a little further than ideal with the dark nights drawing in.

Does anyone know which service would drop off near the Childrens hospital? or any alternatives transport methods?

Thanks for your help.

Since Fox Hill Road is so long there is no quick answer.

Suggestion is based on getting/walking to one of the following:

Supertram from or Leppings or Hillsborough or town, 51 (town), 52(Hillsborough/town), 95(town),120(town) ie every few minutes to the hospital.

There are route changes in November.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

I have looked at travel south yorkshire but most of them include long walks - I know this sounds incredibly lazy but its for time saving more than anything.

When asking the "Experts" they seem to suggest walking for half an hour before catching a bus then tram - not very comprehensive at all.

Basically if you want to be at the Childrens Hospital you need to be on bus 51 or 52, although the tram stop at University of Sheffield is a walkable distance away.

I find before using the journey planner it is useful to look at the network map first to get an idea of roughly which way I want to be going. You can download a PDF here: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp/ (you will need to scroll down to the 'see the full network' section).

I would suggest you have a choice of two routes - one would be to catch the 35/36/37/85 to Hillsborough Interchange and connect with route 52 there, the other would be to get the 79 to Shalesmoor and ride the tram up the hill to University from there. (If you don't fancy the walk you could always get the 51/52 from University to the Childrens Hospital).

In terms of ticketing, it may be worth paying the little bit extra for a Citywide pass that offers the flexibility of any bus or tram.

Edited by Andy C

Andy C IS the expert!

He bloomin is as well - Thanks Andy thats set my mind at rest - we're gonna do a few test runs before the weather gets too bad

Thanks all for your replies - very helpful.

:thumbsup:

If there's a lot of snow, this may affect the running of the 52 and it won't rwach Hillsborough.

If there's a lot of snow, this may affect the running of the 52 and it won't rwach Hillsborough.

that's when the tram is probably the better option.