Did anyone on live on the Manor in the Seventies?

leto

did you know ann and peter ingram they lived at 52

Is that Pete and Aggie Ingram who lived on the corner Ravencarr and Allison, between the Butlers, Dave, Martin, Suzanne etc on Ravencarr And Paul and Maggie Green on Allison, with the Birches on the opposite side ?.

Is that Pete and Aggie Ingram who lived on the corner Ravencarr and Allison, between the Butlers, Dave, Martin, Suzanne etc on Ravencarr And Paul and Maggie Green on Allison, with the Birches on the opposite side ?.

yes thats right they were my cousins and i havent seen them for years i last heard ann was living in brightside my father and their father were brothers herbert was his name

• 2 weeks later...

I lived on the Manor-Wulfric Road till 79 and went to Stand House and Prince Edwards Schools.

I remember playing in the church grounds-St Swithuns and Rev Lister and his wife and 2 children-Charles and Rebecca.

Also playing on the 'plantation' on the Fairleigh and digging up the tar from the roadside with lollypop sticks on hot summer days! Rolling in tractor inner tubes down the middle of the roundabout by Hagues chip shop and 'Carrie Anns' dress shop (Esters) and climbing the trees on the roundabout again to escape the park patrol (he had a fast bike but could not climb trees!) I remember 'back knacking' on Wulfric Rd/Cary Rd/ Queen Mary Rd and Fitzhubert Rd

I remember following the coal man to pick up coal to make a hopskotch and the Alpine Man who would deliver pop. The 'manor monsters' at St Swithums in the 6 weeks hols with kite making and flying then at Chatsworth. I remember the original St Swithuns church and calling in at the sweet shop to spend half my donation for church on penny lollies or rainbow drops-truth be known was probably only reason I occassionally went!!

What memories do you have?? I have all these and am only 41!!!

I lived on the Manor-Wulfric Road till 79 and went to Stand House and Prince Edwards Schools.

I remember playing in the church grounds-St Swithuns and Rev Lister and his wife and 2 children-Charles and Rebecca.

Also playing on the 'plantation' on the Fairleigh and digging up the tar from the roadside with lollypop sticks on hot summer days! Rolling in tractor inner tubes down the middle of the roundabout by Hagues chip shop and 'Carrie Anns' dress shop (Esters) and climbing the trees on the roundabout again to escape the park patrol (he had a fast bike but could not climb trees!) I remember 'back knacking' on Wulfric Rd/Cary Rd/ Queen Mary Rd and Fitzhubert Rd

I remember following the coal man to pick up coal to make a hopskotch and the Alpine Man who would deliver pop. The 'manor monsters' at St Swithums in the 6 weeks hols with kite making and flying then at Chatsworth. I remember the original St Swithuns church and calling in at the sweet shop to spend half my donation for church on penny lollies or rainbow drops-truth be known was probably only reason I occassionally went!!

What memories do you have?? I have all these and am only 41!!!

i lived on the Manor on Alison Crescent from 1964 till about 83 . I remember playing in the street with the other kids, rounders, film stars, and other things. I also remember putting on little plays with my friend Carol. We used to either do a few songs for the other kids or put on little Steptoe and Son sketches. We always celebrated Halloween by making lanterns out of swedes and we always used to do a Guy at Bonfire Night and make a little money for Sparklers. Also at Christmas we used to go Carol singing in a little group. I have some really good memories from that time, the Manor wasnt all bad.

mumsy i lived on fitzhubert road i used to work in the post office maybe i served you at sometime or another.My husbands parents lived on wulfric road next door to betty pugh

Hi there Bushbaby,

I cant remember names of family who lived on Fitzhubert Rd side of Betty Pugh but I know I went round there to play!!!! At the Wulfric Rd side of Betty Pugh lived Graham Bridges and his family-I lived at the other end of the block from Graham-he was good friends as kids with my brother Mark-they once set up a telehone system with tin cans n strings between there bedrooms-or tried to ha ha!!!!

I remember Mrs Pugh was also my dinner lady at Prince Edwards. I remember her kitchen once on fire re chip pan!

The only staff names I remember in the post office was a lady called Lyn-who had a baby in the 70's.

I vaguely remember the Bartholemews and remember something happening to a son(?)

We left in 79 but can still remember quite a few names.

I remember an old lady who lived on Fitzhubert (opposite house side of Bettys) who always made kids ice lollies in summer and she would come to her gate with handfuls of lollies.

Can u remember any other names?

mumsy!!

Hi Bushbaby. Just a long shot, and much earlier than your memories, but did you know of Frank Travis who had the former Gebhards pork shop other end of the shops to you, Also Grace Ratherham, who worked in the Post office ?.

Edited by JOGI