Going chemical free

Been slowly edging towards going chemical free. This is on the basis that everything put on or in the body adds to toxicity levels

This includes

Avoiding processed meat and foods

Eating or growing organic veg and fruit

Not using shampoo

Using natural alternatives to soap and moisturiser

I'm stuck on the under arm spray bit!

Anyone else do this partially or is interested in a chemical free existence which is better for health and the environment?

Any tips?

You do realise that water is chemicals. Hydrogen and Oxygen.

The Air that you breathe is a soup of chemicals and that too much Oxygen will posion you!

The idea of being "Chemical free" is totally ridiculous. Everything is chemicals.

It's about limiting toxicity.

For instance you can eat tuna with high levels of mercury but some other fish is less toxic.

You can use shampoo with hundred chemicals or you can go hamper less and let nature take its course.

What is "hamper less" I've never heard of it. Is a bar of soap ok?

It sounds to me like you are following a completely stupid hippy religious thing that has nothing to do with facts or any scientifically rigorous evidence.

How do you mean toxicity. Are you a conspiracy theorist that believes we are all being poisoned by the military industrial complex?

What is "hamper less" I've never heard of it. Is a bar of soap ok?

It sounds to me like you are following a completely stupid hippy religious thing that has nothing to do with facts or any scientifically rigorous evidence.

How do you mean toxicity. Are you a conspiracy theorist that believes we are all being poisoned by the military industrial complex?

Don't be daft. But you understand about stuff you put into your body and how it effects you?

You understand that some foods have a higher toxicity than others?

If you know those basics than just apply it to any house hold chemical, anything you put on your body...

Where do you think those chemicals go?

Been slowly edging towards going chemical free. This is on the basis that everything put on or in the body adds to toxicity levels

Sounds like new age mumbo jumbo.

This includes

Avoiding processed meat and foods

Processed doesn't mean added chemicals.

Eating or growing organic veg and fruit

No evidence to suggest that these are any better for you, but they certainly cost more.

Not using shampoo

Using natural alternatives to soap and moisturiser

Do you even know what soap is?

I'm stuck on the under arm spray bit!

This I can actually help with. Try salt sticks, they're convenient for travelling and they work by leaving some salt in your armpit, which inhibits bacterial growth.

Salt is of course just as much a chemical as anything else, hell, even water is a chemical. So a chemical free existence means you'll be dead in approx 3 minutes (no molecular oxygen for you you see).

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 17:07 ----------

It's about limiting toxicity.

For instance you can eat tuna with high levels of mercury but some other fish is less toxic.

You can use shampoo with hundred chemicals or you can go hamper less and let nature take its course.

Amusingly metallic mercury isn't man made and is one of the simplest chemical structures possible.

Soap based surfactants are also pretty simple, I remember making soap in chemistry class, they also stay outside your body, unless you're in the habit of eating your soap or drinking your shampoo?

Save thousands every year by making your own natural alternatives. There are natural alternatives to all of those common household chemicals. This is going to save you thousands each and every year.

Improve your overall health. Studies have show that chemicals can cause cancers and other irreversible health problems. This is something you really shouldn't ignore.

Boost your immune system and explode your energy levels. If you find yourself always becoming ill or have low energy levels you will highly benefit from chemical free living.

Help our environment by choosing the natural alternatives. Our planet is fragile and doesn't like toxic chemicals. We can all do something about it.

You can improve water and soil quality. Your chemicals are killing our planet....

Some benefits I got off the net

Edited by TJC1

Don't be daft. But you understand about stuff you put into your body and how it effects you?

You understand that some foods have a higher toxicity than others?

If you know those basics than just apply it to any house hold chemical, anything you put on your body...

Where do you think those chemicals go?

What chemicals exactly? You've mentioned soap several times, but personally I don't eat it. Mercury isn't a man made chemical, and unless you eat a whole boat load of tuna you're not going to get mercury poisoning.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Save thousands every year by making your own natural alternatives. That's right, I'm going to show you how to make your own natural alternatives to all of those common household chemicals. This is going to save you thousands each and every year.

Improve your overall health. Studies have show that chemicals can cause cancers and other irreversible health problems. This is something you really shouldn't ignore.

Boost your immune system and explode your energy levels. If you find yourself always becoming ill or have low energy levels you will highly benefit from chemical free living.

Help our environment by choosing the natural alternatives. Our planet is fragile and doesn't like toxic chemicals. We can all do something about it.

You can improve water and soil quality. Your chemicals are killing our planet, together we can make a change for the better.

Great copy and paste, but you didn't say what household chemicals.

Studies have shown that water can kill you, in fact 100% of people who drink water will ultimately die.

3. New age hippy clap trap.

4/5. Possibly, it really depends on what you're talking about.

Sounds like new age mumbo jumbo.

Processed doesn't mean added chemicals.

No evidence to suggest that these are any better for you, but they certainly cost more.

Do you even know what soap is?

This I can actually help with. Try salt sticks, they're convenient for travelling and they work by leaving some salt in your armpit, which inhibits bacterial growth.

Salt is of course just as much a chemical as anything else, hell, even water is a chemical. So a chemical free existence means you'll be dead in approx 3 minutes (no molecular oxygen for you you see).

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 17:07 ----------

Amusingly metallic mercury isn't man made and is one of the simplest chemical structures possible.

Soap based surfactants are also pretty simple, I remember making soap in chemistry class, they also stay outside your body, unless you're in the habit of eating your soap or drinking your shampoo?

I could take you to task on points but I can't be arsed.

Anyone got a contribution to make?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 16:12 ----------

What chemicals exactly? You've mentioned soap several times, but personally I don't eat it. Mercury isn't a man made chemical, and unless you eat a whole boat load of tuna you're not going to get mercury poisoning.

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Great copy and paste, but you didn't say what household chemicals.

Studies have shown that water can kill you, in fact 100% of people who drink water will ultimately die.

3. New age hippy clap trap.

4/5. Possibly, it really depends on what you're talking about.

Get off the thread then, divvy!

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 16:13 ----------

Did you see this part?

Anyone else do this partially or is interested in a chemical free existence which is better for health and the environment?

Any tips?