Client who uses every excuse under the sun not to pay!

Its getting frustrating. We have a client that uses every excuse under the sun not to pay. Cash flow issue, personal reasons, this has to be done or I can't pay your bill.

But instead of renegotiating the dates of payment they just go quiet. Its very frustrating.:mad:

I want this account cleared so I never have to work with this person again! :mad:

Tell him a you are going to put it in the hands of debt collector. Give him 14 days to pay. Dont do anymore work for him know matter what he promises. Cut and run some times you have to. i could send our dennis round to have a chat with him if you like £75 /

Edited by spider1

Its getting frustrating. We have a client that uses every excuse under the sun not to pay. Cash flow issue, personal reasons, this has to be done or I can't pay your bill.

But instead of renegotiating the dates of payment they just go quiet. Its very frustrating.:mad:

I want this account cleared so I never have to work with this person again! :mad:

This is what you should do:

1. Give them a '7 days notice letter' that it is your intention to apply for the monies owed through the courts (you can find templates for this on the web)

2. Send the letter recorded delivery

3. If they fail to pay, then pursue them through the small claims court https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

You will need to demonstrate that you have tried everything possible to recover the money (which I believe you have based on your post); I hope it works out for you.

This is what you should do:

1. Give them a '7 days notice letter' that it is your intention to apply for the monies owed through the courts (you can find templates for this on the web)

2. Send the letter recorded delivery

3. If they fail to pay, then pursue them through the small claims court https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

You will need to demonstrate that you have tried everything possible to recover the money (which I believe you have based on your post); I hope it works out for you.

Thanks Steve. Its a last call. But that will work on under 5k as I have a paper trail. They say we are very happy but then mess us about. Frustrating.

They reside in Belgium. But its a Uk limited co. Dont think it makes a difference..

They reside in Belgium. But its a Uk limited co. Dont think it makes a difference..

It doesn't. The only thing to take into account is, if the UK company has no assets, the court might find in your favour and instigate winding up procedures against them...but you won't get your money owed!

Do a credit check on the UK company first to ascertain what assets they have (use someone like Equifax)...then it's a judgement call, I'm afraid!

It doesn't. The only thing to take into account is, if the UK company has no assets, the court might find in your favour and instigate winding up procedures against them...but you won't get your money owed!

Do a credit check on the UK company first to ascertain what assets they have (use someone like Equifax)...then it's a judgement call, I'm afraid!

Thanks steve.

I seem to remember this subject cropping up before, not necessarily by the same op though. Doesn't your quote state your T&Cs? Ours does. Our quotes state the price has been discounted for payment cleared within 30 days. Payment 31-60 days will have the 10% discount added back on. After that our T&Cs state it will be passed to a debt collector and their minimum charge etc will be charged to them.

Most of our customers pay on time. Some who only pay when we keep asking have no gone on pro forma. One customer was being difficult for no reals reason so we filed a CCJ on line. We received payment withing less than a fortnight.

I seem to remember this subject cropping up before, not necessarily by the same op though. Doesn't your quote state your T&Cs? Ours does. Our quotes state the price has been discounted for payment cleared within 30 days. Payment 31-60 days will have the 10% discount added back on. After that our T&Cs state it will be passed to a debt collector and their minimum charge etc will be charged to them.

Most of our customers pay on time. Some who only pay when we keep asking have no gone on pro forma. One customer was being difficult for no reals reason so we filed a CCJ on line. We received payment withing less than a fortnight.

The client was having cash flow issues. I expect it to be cleared as agreed, although it will go straight to money request if not.

They may be having cash flow issues but I find they alter their priorities and pay your bill at the top of their list if its going to cost more. Surcharging or pro forma has worked for us.

Thanks for the advice. I certainly will review billing policy. And all t and c's.