M1 speed fines for speeding

I know plenty who have been fined, don't monkey see monkey do just stick to the 50 (don't be tempted to push to 55 as some have said, what is an extra 5 mins on your journey?).

When, like me, you have to travel through these eternal roadworks on a very regular basis? A lot.

The length it has taken so far is ridiculous, it must be the most inefficient operation on one of the worlds' most important traffic arteries ever.

I hear you tzijlstra. I regularly travel from Wakefield all the way down to London on the M1. I understand the logic behind HS2 being that it will improve journey times.

The same logic can be applied to improving the motorway network, but why take so long?

I wonder how many years after the completion it will be before the improvements pay dividends.

Lorry drivers are the ones that annoy me on the 50mph stretches, they just can't help but have to pull around someone doing the 50mph limit.

Everywhere else the drivers of dark BMW's, VW's and increasingly mid to upper sized Fords seem to think the 3 lanes have different speeds of 70, 80 and 90+.

Spot on.if everybody is fined then someone is making a fortune.

Lorry drivers are the ones that annoy me on the 50mph stretches, they just can't help but have to pull around someone doing the 50mph limit.

As I said above, speedos read incorrectly. I drive a lorry and speedo is calibrated and shows exact speed (it has been rechecked at several locations) You may only be doing 45 mph, I will pass you at that speed especially if coming to a hill with a lot of weight on.

The safety of the workers is paramount.

Anyone breaking the speed limit through roadworks needs banning and fining heavily.

The safety of the workers is paramount.

Anyone breaking the speed limit through roadworks needs banning and fining heavily.

I agree entirely, if only there were actual workers.