What should a British Muslim do?

You write like you believe that all Muslims are the same, like they come out of some identikit mould.

How do you reach that conclusion? The fact that we are all individuals doesn't alter the fact that Islamic culture has a disproportionate problem with intolerant, religious extremism. The extremism grows out of the religion/culture and therefore all who follow, teach and perpetuate that religion/culture have some responsibility for it. The truth is that 'moderate' Islam sits too close to 'extremist' Islam, which is why so many stray into the extremist camp. To stop that from happening the moderate Muslims need to see the danger and move further away.

How do you think Christians would feel if you were making this statement about people who bomb abortion clinics. What Christians should do is leave behind their religiously infected culture that causes them to be against abortion in the first place. They take their children to the brink of extremism with their antiquated beliefs and then they're surprised that some of them become Dr and nurse murdering religious zealots. They should stop teaching their children this twisted ideology and get with the Western ideal (which is what, consumerism and reality TV?).

I think Christians live in la-la land too but the difference is the level of threat, inconvenience and cost they impose on others. They are not attacking us. Our freedoms are not being eroded because of a threat they pose. We are not spending billions containing a threat that comes from within their communities. It is easy to ignore their silliness and Muslims should take a leaf out of their book if they want to be ignored.

What atheists should do is leave behind their soulless, godless, bereft culture that takes their children to the brink of becoming an evil dictator. We'd all be better off if there were no more Stalins, no more evil atheist dictators murdering millions. It's all the fault of the atheists.

British atheists do not have a disproportionate problem when it comes to creating evil dictators through nurturing. If they did then it would be reasonable to expect them to do something about it.

The fact that we are all individuals doesn't alter the fact that Islamic culture has a disproportionate problem with intolerant, religious extremism. The extremism grows out of the religion/culture and therefore all who follow, teach and perpetuate that religion/culture have some responsibility for it.

So all football fans are responsible for hooliganism? because they follow and perpetuate that culture and thus have responsibility.

So all football fans are responsible for hooliganism? because they follow and perpetuate that culture and thus have responsibility.
That's as much of a logical fallacy as Zamo's, tbh.

Football fandom is entirely non-prescriptive about how one goes about living their daily life in a socio-economic context. Nothing about everyday do's and dont's, aside maybe from not supporting other teams.

There are different levels of responsibility but, yes, all have some responsibility because we all help to sustain the game.

Think back to the 80's when England were banned from European football. Collective blame and punishment was dispensed despite the fact that the 'moderate' majority didn't partake in the violence. The violence was none-the-less part of British football culture and eventually the wider European football community lost patience with us. We failed to address the problem until we were rejected and Muslims should avoid making the same mistake.

Isn't it likely that he was reported missing by his family? Teens run away all the time, how many missings persons reports are the police dealing with at any one time?

What is his age got to do with anything. Yes technically he is 17 but he should know the difference between right and wrong. I learnt it was wrong to kill way before I was 17.

What is his age got to do with anything. Yes technically he is 17 but he should know the difference between right and wrong. I learnt it was wrong to kill way before I was 17.

Did you quote me by accident, because I said nothing about his age justifying what he did.

Think back to the 80's when England were banned from European football. Collective blame and punishment was dispensed

No it wasn't, very specific blame and punishment was dispensed - on the English. There would be a ban on all football if it was to be done collectively.

How do you reach that conclusion?

The fact that you're stating what "British Muslims should do". Makes me believe that you think they all need to change their behaviour, which rather implies that they have a common behaviour to change.

Because there are extremists who share beliefs with normal people, you think that all the normal people should change their behaviour and beliefs.

Yet you're going to ignore the pro life terrorists, simply because, well, it appears to be that it's inconvenient to your argument. They're not attacking "us" you say. So blowing up abortion clinics is okay I guess.

The fact that you're stating what "British Muslims should do". Makes me believe that you think they all need to change their behaviour, which rather implies that they have a common behaviour to change.

Because there are extremists who share beliefs with normal people, you think that all the normal people should change their behaviour and beliefs.

Yet you're going to ignore the pro life terrorists, simply because, well, it appears to be that it's inconvenient to your argument. They're not attacking "us" you say. So blowing up abortion clinics is okay I guess.

When did the blowing up of an abortion clinic last happen?

When did it last happen in Britain?