EU Referendum - How will you vote?

Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU?

• YES
    • NO

Ah, a Sutty special - well informed and balanced reply.

No point going over the same ground with the same person, you have your reasons for wanting to stay in and I have mine for wanting to leave.

You think building over the country is good, I think it is bad,

I like to see countryside you obviously like to see city landscapes.

You want more overcrowding and I want less,

I want the UK population to be more sustainable you want it to be less sustainable.

I want us to be less dependant on other countries you want us to be more dependant on other countries,

You don't mind exploiting the resources of people that need those resources more than we need them, and I do mind.

So you can see from this very short list that we aren't going to agree because we both want different things out of life.

No point going over the same ground with the same person, you have your reasons for wanting to stay in and I have mine for wanting to leave.

I want the UK population to be more sustainable you want it to be less sustainable.

I want us to be less dependant on other countries you want us to be more dependant on other countries,

You don't mind exploiting the resources of people that need those resources more than we need them, and I do mind.

So you can see from this very short list that we aren't going to agree because we both want different things out of life.

I'm strongly tending toward a "sutty is wrong about everything" approach to life based on other threads so can I please change my vote?

It seems that you want to turn the clock back and live in the past, whilst others want to try to equip the country to deal with the challenges of the future.

It seems that you want to turn the clock back and live in the past, whilst others want to try to equip the country to deal with the challenges of the future.

Nope I want to move forward and work towards a sustainable future for my descendants. Staying in the EU won't equip the country to deal with the challenges of the future, it will hinder us and make the future much harder for generation to come.

---------- Post added 09-05-2016 at 12:23 ----------

I'm strongly tending toward a "sutty is wrong about everything" approach to life based on other threads so can I please change my vote?

I don't hold a grudge against people that don't share all my opinions. :)

A good reply - and one I agree with.

We also have the right of people to object to building work near to them in case it impacts on them in some way.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that this right is increasingly being elbowed by powers-that-be, to try and overcome the stalemate situation created by economically-motivated NIMBYism, as typified by your further comment:

And I say that as a home owner who is more likely than not to fall victim to building near me I don't want fairly often, and who would benefit from rising house prices as I already own one.
I'm in the exact same boat myself (and the recipient of the above-mentioned elbow strikes, dispensed by Bassetlaw Council: 700 homes development green-lit near us, despite documented proof of endangered species like e.g. lapwings and cuckoo (both red-listed by RSPB) in and adjacent the development land), so that's not a criticism at you at all, just observation :)

UK house prices and the resultant impoverishment will only be addressed when we get over these things.
Agreed, but unlikely to happen anytime soon (and still less so after a Brexit: IMHO, Osbourne has got this completely @rse-way round), because too much of the UK economy is still hinged on brick appreciation (only more so after a Brexit, even if only short to medium term). Edited by L00b

I was leaning heavily towards Brexit because my sons who are working at age 22 and 23 are earning £7.20ph and are entitled to no Benefits of any kind because they live at home and have not got some slapper pregnant so have no children. I see the Eastern Europeans coming here, getting benefits that they have not contributed to just because they spawned numerous kids eLsewhere. The fact that house prices may suffer, I own my house with no mortgage due to hard work for 40 years, I welcome because my kids may hopefully get a mortgage one day if the house prices come down. Today's latest terror is if we keave it may cause a war, for Gods sake is there nothing more apocolyptic that they could think of, do they think you and I are that stupid to think a Brexit would cause a war.

No but what finally swayed me was this, you have seen the adverts that if you find a lump see your go asap. Well I found a lump, straight to GPs surgery to make an appointment, got one, earliest was 5 WEEKS. That 5 weeks was a very long time, then got to hospital within 3 weeks making total of 8 weeks. Just got results and benign. My point is that the money we give each week to the eu, even the remainers says it is 170 million a week after rebates etc could be spent on the people of this country providing social care, health care etc. So now I am voting OUT.

For those of you that are voting to stay I have a special offer to you, you can join my special club, each week you give me £35 and I will give you £18 back each week, some of this you can spend as you wish but the rest you have to spend as I say, on cabbages or something. Every so often I will introduce some daft new rules, say you have to,paint your lawn blue or something, but you have to obey or I can fine you. I can tell you to let people sleep in your house and use your services, Sky tv etc, and you have no say in the matter. Should you wish to get me out of office you cannot because I was not elected in the first place so you cannot vote me out. Do you want to join my club, no, thought not so why in the hell do you want to stay in a much larger club that operates exactly the same.

Apparently the eu is keeping all the bad news, increase in our weekly subscription, eu army, eu wide legal system that over rules domestic laws until after the referendum. Therefore I will cast my vote and take a photo of it with my hand in view, distinctive mark on hand, so that when you all complain after, IF we stay in that I did my best to help my kids, your kids and all future generations. You have one vote please vote OUT.

Cameron is getting more desperate every day. Last year he was telling us he would vote to leave without change in the EU, another u-turn, no change but if we leave there might be a war so we have to stay in. I'm surprised he wasn't waving a piece of paper like Chamberlain, perhaps a white feather would be more appropriate, what a pillock u-turns every week, junior doctors, budget cuts, academies etc etc. Mind what can we expect from a bloke who forgets which football club he supports.

I think the Cameroon has shot himself in the foot here. 3 months ago he was telling us all he would lead us out of the EU if he did not get the changes he demanded.

The EU basically told him to go away, very politely of course, no changes were forthcoming.

Today he is telling us the world as we all know it will end if we vote out.

I am voting OUT and cannot wait for the apocalypse to start.

Angel1.

I think the Cameroon has shot himself in the foot here. 3 months ago he was telling us all he would lead us out of the EU if he did not get the changes he demanded.

The EU basically told him to go away, very politely of course, no changes were forthcoming.

Today he is telling us the world as we all know it will end if we vote out.

I am voting OUT and cannot wait for the apocalypse to start.

Angel1.

Yea he got no deal. :roll: http:// http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

Was walking the dog this morning and 4 horses with riders wearing flourescent tabards rode past. I thought crikey I know Dave said they were on the way but I thought they would not get here until after we voted to leave. However even having seen them in the flesh complete with h and s flourescent tabards, they may be mixed sex also so sex equality prevails even where they come from, I will still be voting OUT. That threat did not work on me so I wonder what next, biblical plagues ?, I wait with bated breath.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 12:09 ----------

Obviously I am intimating the riders were the 4 riders of the apocolypse.

If that deal changed anyone's mind I would be gobsmacked.

Its like saying no to buying a new car for £30K and then saying yes when they offer you some free car mats.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 12:13 ----------

Was walking the dog this morning and 4 horses with riders wearing flourescent tabards rode past. I thought crikey I know Dave said they were on the way but I thought they would not get here until after we voted to leave. However even having seen them in the flesh complete with h and s flourescent tabards, they may be mixed sex also so sex equality prevails even where they come from, I will still be voting OUT. That threat did not work on me so I wonder what next, biblical plagues ?, I wait with bated breath.

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 12:09 ----------

Obviously I am intimating the riders were the 4 riders of the apocolypse.

Glad you added that bit because I didn't have a clue what the hell you was on about. :D