Charcoal: Drinking and skincare

About a year ago a friend of mine had diarrhoea and took charcoal for it! We started to read the information leaflet (it came from the pharmacist) and the benefits seemed endless. Ever since I've been having two tablets in water weekly.

About a month ago another friend offered me a face wash made by L'Oreal he didn't like, it contains charcoal! I'm in love with the product! I also love their white face wash and the two contrasting colours go nicely side by side in the bathroom. And though they're sold as face wash I use them as shower gel too. I looked further and found a goats milk soap containing charcoal too. I find the charcoal has helped a little bit of eczema I've had and as soon as it touches the skin it gives a (literally) squeaky clean feel.

I suppose I'm starting the thread to find other experiences, ideas or perhaps even warnings. Regarding the latter, I was always told eating too much burned toast was carcinogenic because of the black stuff. Isn't that also just charcoal?

I was always told eating too much burned toast was carcinogenic because of the black stuff. Isn't that also just charcoal?

It depends ... if you're a non-Marmite lover and having uranium 238 on toast instead, it could well lead to some nastiness so far as health is concerned.

A few years ago there was a scare about a link to cancer from charcoal and BBQs. But I think its probably more to do with the red meat being consumed.

About a year ago a friend of mine had diarrhoea and took charcoal for it! We started to read the information leaflet (it came from the pharmacist) and the benefits seemed endless. Ever since I've been having two tablets in water weekly.

About a month ago another friend offered me a face wash made by L'Oreal he didn't like, it contains charcoal! I'm in love with the product! I also love their white face wash and the two contrasting colours go nicely side by side in the bathroom. And though they're sold as face wash I use them as shower gel too. I looked further and found a goats milk soap containing charcoal too. I find the charcoal has helped a little bit of eczema I've had and as soon as it touches the skin it gives a (literally) squeaky clean feel.

I suppose I'm starting the thread to find other experiences, ideas or perhaps even warnings. Regarding the latter, I was always told eating too much burned toast was carcinogenic because of the black stuff. Isn't that also just charcoal?

74% of 54 men agree...

I suspect that the inclusion of charcoal is a load of marketing shi£e to con money out of the vulnerable & vain. If L'Oreal made a face cream made out of diarrhoea & claimed that it reduced wrinkles, people would smear it on their faces :o

"cinder tea" i.e. charcoal was used to help babies with griping pains / wind.

We used to have a very large dog and sometimes when it farted it'd stink the whole room out..the vet suggested giving it charcoal biscuits and they seemed to stop it smelling..

We used to have a very large dog and sometimes when it farted it'd stink the whole room out..the vet suggested giving it charcoal biscuits and they seemed to stop it smelling..

I bet they acted like a cork!

I suspect that the inclusion of charcoal is a load of marketing shi£e to con money out of the vulnerable & vain.

I think there is more to it than that. Charcoal is even used to treat someone after an overdose.

If L'Oreal made a face cream made out of diarrhoea & claimed that it reduced wrinkles, people would smear it on their faces :o

Urea is now in so many skin products. :loopy: