Travel and parking central London

I have to go to London, Chiswell Street for a wedding one weekend in April.

Any advice on driving or parking. Likely to travel Saturday am and return Sunday.

Would prefer to drive but have heard horror stories about trying to drive in London.

Any help advice or useful comments welcome.

I've just google maps that part of london. No force, on earth or heaven would put me in a car and drive there unless I know for a cast iron fact there is a parking space for me for the entire duration of my stay. And presumably you're driving there, blind, on the day of the wedding?

Public transport, possibly even the day before.

My initial idea was to book a spot in the Barbican Centre and walk to the hotel, and park overnight.

Train fares even booking in advance are not cheap.

Have you checked Megatrain (if they still exist). I used them about 6 or 7 years ago, and found them cheap at the time. Also, I've travelled by bus in the past, and found that to be good value also. It might depend on where you are heading for in comparison with where they stop.

Have you checked Megatrain (if they still exist). I used them about 6 or 7 years ago, and found them cheap at the time. Also, I've travelled by bus in the past, and found that to be good value also. It might depend on where you are heading for in comparison with where they stop.

The Megabus website will bring up all coach and train options when searching for Sheffield-London journeys, can be done on the coach for a fiver and the train for a tenner on some days.

Guest sibon

You can get relatively close, fairly easily. Take the M25 to J16, the M40/A40 turn off. Then you can follow the A40 Western Avenue/ Westway all the way to Edgeware Road. That should be pretty straightforward driving.

I haven't driven down Marylebone Road for ages, so I wouldn't want to vouch for the last stretch.

As others have said, it will be tricky and expensive to park. It cost me £2 per hour to park on street in Fulham last year. You will also have to pay the congestion charge.

If you can use the train, it would be easier and probably cheaper.

I can get parked for £ 8 per day in the Barbican Centre which is walking distance of where we need to be.

I thought the congestion charge was only Monday to Friday .

Thanks for the Megatrain tip. Can get there for a tenner and and return for £ 20 each.

Thanks for advice from everyone.