A quick boost to this thread - Mr Z and I went there last night for a celebration meal.

Brilliant. The staff who booked the table lacked the ideal customer service basics but our waitress was very helpful, explained a lot to us and was friendly.

First time I've had the real deal raw everything, I love Sainsburys california sushi but having real raw octopus was interesting, not so good with raw prawns though.

The lychee juice was just divine.

We had starters, main meal and desert ( green tea and sesame ice cream with fruit), with drinks it came to £58 for two of us.

All topped of with a trip to the cinema to see National Treasure, excellent!!

New to this forum. Went to Wasabisabi earlier this year - was nice to finally see a Japanese restaurant in Sheffield. As with all Japanese restaurants in the UK, turned out to be pretty expensive! Reasonable decor and a reasonable standard of food. Seem to recall seeing somewhere that it won some sort of "Restaurant of the Year" award which I thought was a bit generous. Overall a very comendable attempt at bringing Japanese cuisine to Sheffield (given the very limited "fresh" seafood available to the UK)

Sheffield needs a few more 'forward thinking' restaurants/places like wasabisabi to up its profile when being compared to other cities on a regional if not national level -nottingham/leeds/manchester has embraced the concept of Japanese restaurants for years.

With some decent clubs nights (UG, The Pin Up Club), bars (Forum, Takkapuna), etc around, and hopefully more to come in 2005 (look out for Mao - a new 'forward thinking' chinese restaurant from the people behind WasabiSabi as mentioned, in the press), I'm sure Sheffield will have more to shout about - and rightly so. Bored to hearing about how great Leeds/Manchester is!!!!

just wanted to say that we went for the first time on saturday and thought the food and atmosphere was great.will definately be going again,if you havn't been i would recommend it:)

yes its japenese, sell all different things we had to ask the very helpful waitress for advice and she picked a great variety of things for us to try, noodles, sushi, vegetables and meat tempura(in spicey batter). i had deep fried icecream for desert which was great.

I havebeen there, the foods delicious!!!

I had some tempura and mm mmmmmm

Is it still good?

We've booked to go there soon.

Have been a few times now. Each time to the tepanyaki room. Consistently enjoyed it.

We went there as a group of ten for a friends birthday, food was alright, but service was absolutely terrible! Birthday girl's starter turned up at the same time as someone elses dessert. I few other people have said the same - service in groups is poor - yet when they've been as couples it was fantastic.

Been quite a few times, always been good. Last time was in January.

Tepanyaki side is good for a group, but personally found it rather expensive and wasn't really bothered about some of the courses. Restaurant side has always had good service which, for me espeially the first time I went, was quite important because I definately wasn't a sushi/japanese food officiando!!

The staff were very helpful and explained everything well.

Seen a couple of well known people in there too...Michael Vaughan (cricketer) was sat next to us last time(not that I'm really bothered...hate cricket!!!:hihi: ).

I love the place, the food is always good, the staff are great too.

I few other people have said the same - service in groups is poor - yet when they've been as couples it was fantastic.

I've been in a group of 15 and it was fine, some slight delays but they can't make 15 starters all come out at the same time.