Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Originally posted by Ant

Fridgeman, you're a card.

Which sounds more romantic, the Lady in White or the Lady in Mauve With Sort Of A Pale Lilac Bonnet?

i always thought it were lady in red and whiter shade of pale,i am not the queen of hearts or the jack of spades (int that the devil)

but the king of all hearts.

how am i supposed to know what an "orb" is,i've only ever seen most haunted,are they for real or what??

and as for being romantic, i always thought ghosts were there to frighten the living daylights out of you :D :D :P

If you want to see lots of Orbs go upstairs take your quilt and shake it then take a picture with your digital camera, Hey presto lots of orbs. But seriously orbs or round or oblong balls of lights on film some times can be dust or moisture but sometime unexplainable, Others believe its the first manifestation of spirit.

Hellooo

Actually, while just reading about all these weird things, I get chills in my spine and generally feel quite uncomfortable! I was wondering how could you deal with these things in “reality” with self-control, without freaking out?

(I would be particularly interested in an answer by any member from the YORKSHIRE PARANORMAL SOCIETY)

pls excuse my English- I am foreign :P

Well to be quite honest it is a normal reaction for people when you are not used to being around the paranormal. But if you believe the dead cannot harm you then theres nothing to be scared off. The way you have to look at it if they are your loved ones and they would not harm you when they were alive, then there is no reason why they would harm you when they pass over.

Actually, while just reading about all these weird things, I get chills in my spine and generally feel quite uncomfortable! I was wondering how could you deal with these things in “reality” with self-control, without freaking out?

Speaking personally (I can't speak for all of YPS), it's something you grow out of. I used to get goosebumps just watching ghost programmes on tv, and when I was much younger the slightest unexplained creak of a door freaked me out.

The more investigations you go on, the easier it becomes to filter out the normal creaks and bangs an old house has to offer. What you're left with tends not to play games with the imagination - it's unexplainable, but not overwhelming.

Dramatic events are few and far between, and seem to have some sort of build-up, so they don't leave you a wobbly mess in the corner of the room. Then we're all too busy checking cameras, tape recorders, thermometers and EMF meters to be too freaked out by it.

Me and a friend are very interested in the paranormal, and would love to become paranormal investigators.

Any chance of some pointers or the oppertunity to tag along sometime?

We are both fine respectable members of the community :D

Me and a friend are very interested in the paranormal, and would love to become paranormal investigators.

pm sent, although...

We are both fine respectable members of the community

...probably rules you out. ;)