Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

If that's true, I'm in big trouble :o

I went to a very strict Catholic High School and had to sit through Mass several times... is that enough to get me through the pearly gates? :huh:

It would appear that we have similar backgrounds. In my case six different schools four in England, two in Ireland.

Five Catholic one CofE.

I've sat through countless Masses, Benedictions and done stations of the cross plus recited Hail Marys til the cows came home. Even did a pilgrimage to Knock in County Mayo when I were a lad.

All to no avail, you and I are banjaxed I'm afraid. :(

How can that be possible considering the timescale?

For example, the vast majority of material in Mark is also present in either Luke or Matthew or both, suggesting that Mark was a source for Matthew and Luke. The four canonical gospels "were probably all written by the end of the first century".

For example, the vast majority of material in Mark is also present in either Luke or Matthew or both, suggesting that Mark was a source for Matthew and Luke. The four canonical gospels "were probably all written by the end of the first century".

So how many years after eye witness accounts?

So how many years after eye witness accounts?

recently i gave an eye witness account of something which happened ! I didn't embellish or add bits to it however it was some 30 years ago but its still classed as eye witness accounts .

recently i gave an eye witness account of something which happened ! I didn't embellish or add bits to it however it was some 30 years ago but its still classed as eye witness accounts .

How reliable would you say an eye witness account would be from 30 or more years ago?

Teeny, have you ever watched any lectures by Dr Bart D. Ehrman concerning the history and problems with the Bible? If not you may find these interesting:

Is the Bible reliable?

Lecture at Standford University on "Misquoting Jesus":

I have a problem with the fact that it is man saying this and not God , This man is saying this another saying another story so i prefer to stick with what i know in heart to be right for me , I don't like mans projections on why the gospel isn't true , also man doesnt want to follow the ways of God , he also doesn't want others to either although i do agree that some of the original truth could be lost in translation.

---------- Post added 26-01-2015 at 16:28 ----------

How reliable would you say an eye witness account would be from 30 or more years ago?

some may be hazy but I remember what happened with good accuracy !

Edited by teeny