Heaven's eternity or eternal earthly wealth?

heaven or wealth?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. heaven or wealth?

• Wait for heaven
    • Give God the finger
    • other

Many Non Catholics suffer under the misconception that Catholics can basically do what they want and then go to confession and everything's OK again.

That's not the way it is, although no doubt a number of Catholics may act like that, it's not what they were taught.

If that's true, I'm in big trouble :o

The basics are here , have you accepted Jesus as your saviour ? Do you know God in your life , do you spend time working on your relationship with God by study , prayer ?

I went to a very strict Catholic High School and had to sit through Mass several times... is that enough to get me through the pearly gates? :huh:

Oh I've come across that one before, it wasn't a little boy it was a grown man who also just happened to also be an evangelist minister himself, so would of course have no reason to make it up.

Here's the story of a Nigerian human rights activist and skeptic named Leo Igwe who went and spoke to those directly involved in order to investigate

Some highlights:

"Personally, I do not believe that Daniel Ekechukwu ever died. First, Kingsley confirmed that Daniel’s body had not been injected with embalming fluid. According to medical experts I interviewed, however, a corpse should have a strong odor and the abdomen should be swollen after three days if it is not embalmed. Judging from the photo of Daniel when he was said to have been at the mortuary, and according to the testimony of his brother, this was not the case.

Second, it is unlikely that any doctor certified Daniel’s death at Owerri. Third, it is hard to believe the actions that supposedly transpired after Daniel’s request to be transferred. It all sounds like a mishmash of lies and fantasies.

It must be noted that in Nigeria today, much supposedly transpires through faith healing and miracles. Nigerians have a voracious appetite for religious and supernatural nonsense. Pastors will especially go to any length—ritual killings, murder, and sacrifice—to prove their calling, power, and mandate. Many Nigerian pastors claim that they can cure HIV/AIDS and other incurable diseases. People take part in arranged confessions. HIV patients, after prayer sessions, alter their medical reports to reflect that they are negative. Those who claim to be possessed by demons wiggle and throw themselves on the ground during religious revivals. Holy mountains and adoration grounds are springing up daily. Nigerians troop to these places to hear messages from God through the mouths of people of questionable mental health. There is much dishonesty, fraud, and deception in the land.

The case of Daniel Ekechukwu, however, is an unprecedented one. None of the Nigerian religious maniacs has gone to the extent of claiming to have risen—or to have been raised—from the dead. That is just a pathetic symptom of the extent to which Nigerians have fallen in terms of religious madness, gullibility, and simplemindedness. After all, common sense tells us that no one comes back from the dead, the folktales of Jesus and Lazarus notwithstanding.

Some Nigerians are wondering why an evangelist of the caliber of Reinhard Bonnke would decide to associate himself with this dubious and fraudulent story. Why would Bonnke, who calls himself a man of God, go so far as to lie to the world by claiming that Daniel Ekechukwu was injected with embalming fluid? Moreover, if the Rev. Bonnke thinks he has the power to resurrect people from the dead, why did he not revive the hundreds of Christians that were massacred in Kano in 1991 following his visit to that city? Why did he not bring back to life several Nigerians who were trampled to death during his crusades in Benin and Abeokuta?"

It's also common in Brazil and South america , years ago on my travels out there we heard many testimonies to people being raised from the dead !

If that's true, I'm in big trouble :o

I went to a very strict Catholic High School and had to sit through Mass several times... is that enough to get me through the pearly gates? :huh:

No sorry sitting through Mass won't get you through ! It's faith , belief etc relationship with God .

---------- Post added 25-01-2015 at 23:18 ----------

In that case, your god just asked me to ask you for your bank details.

God knows my bank details already so why would he ask you !

I don't think it's possible to neither believe nor disbelieve in something. If you don't believe it, you disbelieve it, that's what disbelieve means.

And right there is your problem, you have no imagination, you lack intelligence and you believe that because you think something then it must be so because you think it, and you lack the sense to know that not everyone is as limited as you are.

No, that phrase does not apply to Atheists, an Atheist does not admit his failure to reach a definitive conclusion, an Atheist has decided that on the balance of probability he thinks he knows what the answer may be.

An Agnostic knows that he does not know.

You are obviously unable to see the difference,and yet it doesn't prevent you from blathering on.

Rootsbooster? You want me to accept what another Sophomania inclined mate of yours has to say?

Try this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Finfidels.org%2Flibrary%2Fmodern%2Fmathew%2Fsn-huxley.html&ei=23XFVL76BePD7gauw4HAAg&usg=AFQjCNHsBe8nji8mli_7IWe50vZ6Y5aF7A&bvm=bv.84349003,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Those are his quotes, he specifically states that he wasn't comfortable with any of the existing descriptions which is why he came up with a different one.

In particular take note of the last paragraph which makes a nonsense out of the bit of your post that I have quoted above

Your lack of basic knowledge of just about anything is quite impressive.

They don't have Vicars plural in the Catholic Church that's a Protestant affectation.

There is only one Vicar in the Catholic Church, look it up.

As I pointed out I made a personal decision to leave the Church but applying logic to the issue, looking at it purely from an historic factual basis the Catholic church was the original, it was started by Jesus and continued under his instruction by the Apostles.

The Pope is the 266th successor to St Peter ,that is not in dispute even by other denominations of the Christian faith.

If I walked away from Catholicism what do you think my views are on other 'make it up as you go along' denominations?

If teeny truly believes in Christianity then she needs to take a long hard look at Catholicism, or at least hope that her/his God is not as vengeful and unforgiving as he/she has posted.

Killing your family members for believing something different is taking it a bit far in my view.

And right there is your problem, you have no imagination, you lack intelligence and you believe that because you think something then it must be so because you think it, and you lack the sense to know that not everyone is as limited as you are.

No, that phrase does not apply to Atheists, an Atheist does not admit his failure to reach a definitive conclusion, an Atheist has decided that on the balance of probability he thinks he knows what the answer may be.

You are obviously unable to see the difference,and yet it doesn't prevent you from blathering on.

Rootsbooster? You want me to accept what another Sophomania inclined mate of yours has to say?

Try this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Finfidels.org%2Flibrary%2Fmodern%2Fmathew%2Fsn-huxley.html&ei=23XFVL76BePD7gauw4HAAg&usg=AFQjCNHsBe8nji8mli_7IWe50vZ6Y5aF7A&bvm=bv.84349003,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Those are his quotes, he specifically states that he wasn't comfortable with any of the existing descriptions which is why he came up with a different one.

In particular take note of the last paragraph which makes a nonsense out of the bit of your post that I have quoted above

They don't have Vicars plural in the Catholic Church that's a Protestant affectation.

As I pointed out I made a personal decision to leave the Church but applying logic to the issue, looking at it purely from an historic factual basis the Catholic church was the original, it was started by Jesus and continued under his instruction by the Apostles.

The Pope is the 266th successor to St Peter ,that is not in dispute even by other denominations of the Christian faith.

If I walked away from Catholicism what do you think my views are on other 'make it up as you go along' denominations?

If teeny truly believes in Christianity then she needs to take a long hard look at Catholicism, or at least hope that her/his God is not as vengeful and unforgiving as he/she has posted.

Killing your family members for believing something different is taking it a bit far in my view.

My bold

You're stating that as fact? Show the evidence that Jesus even existed.

I work with all denominations out in Bulawayo , including Catholics , I have a good relationship with Father Kevin who is from the UK , he will willing admit the Catholic church doesn't always preach that Christ died for all , all the churches in Bulawayo put away the denominational barriers to come together to work and pray ! It's the only place in the world where that works it seems because of doctrinal issues , you keep saying my God is vengeful etc he's the same God of the catholic church ! We have the same bible in our church as St Thomas's of Canterbury on meadowhead , although they have the apochropha separately !

I work for mind the gap as a missionary / volunteer to help the poorest of the poor ! I have faith , belief in God to provide for the trips ( no I don't mean financially ) I mean practically , medicines , clothes , shoes even a smart phone for medical volunteers in the rural area . I see Gods provision each month even when I have had little work here due to snow or illness there is always enough to provide for them . I won't stop thanking God for what I have or what I haven't got ! The God I serve is forgiving , loving , just , and merciful . So I think he's a God worth knowing !