Best wood varnish for floorboards which will have a lot of traffic!

I have ripped up my carpets and decided to sand the floor boards in my living room and go for the natural wooden floor look! The floor boards are very old but in great condition and solid.

It will be walked on quite a lot and I have two dogs that will be no doubt running riot on it so I need a really good varnish that will give great protection.

Any advice is appreciated thanks

Yacht is by far the best way to do it but bear in mind how long it takes to dry and how many coats it will need at least 3

Or the 2 pak proxys system still needs min of 2 coats but drys a lot faster .

With the dogs in mind they will be sliding and scraching it all over the place

Read the tins....some people use the wrong varnish for the wrong application. I used to work as a Chemist for Ronseal testing raw materials, products and how they performed.

Something like diamond hard floor varnish. It will be dry in less than an hour. A good quality, hard wearing interior floor varnish anyway if not this one. This sort of varnish is good for anyone to apply, you don't need to have had lots of experience to get a good finish.

Almost fifteen years ago we sanded our floorboards in our spare bedroom and treated with one of the combined stains/floor finishes, can't remember what it was called. The floor is still in good condition now.