Sign in to follow this  

I'm looking for a decent pub for lunch on sunday, any ideas?

My Mum and Dad are coming over for Lunch this Sunday (mother's day) and I want to take them out to somewhere decent for lunch. I live in Crookes but don't mind driving out to the peaks. I'm a vegetarian and usually find that I have to have stuff from the normal menu on a Sunday but I love eating a roast dinner just without the meat - the best place I've found so far is the Strines inn, they do great filled yorkshire puddings, anyone know of any alternatives??

thanks

Three Merry Lads out at lodge moor's pretty good - probably would need to book though, as it'll be heaving next sunday I'd expect.

Yorkshire Bridge - Bamford also pretty good as well, again I'd give them a call to reserve a table.

Strines is also very nice and one of our regular haunts!

The Crosspool Tavern Carvery is a lovely meal and pretty cheap.

You can find it in the Yellow Pages. Or Crosspool.

Go to the Fat Cat round Kelham Island way. They have a really good veggie menu and it's super cheap too!

The Moorlands at Owler Bar is nice and family oriented. Plus I'll be performing my magic there this Sunday from 1pm - 4pm! :D

I like the Dore Moor and the Admiral Rodney in Loxley when I used to live over that way

My parents and sister have been visiting for years and we usually end up going to Aunt Sally's, I know it sounds like a 1920's brothel but the food they serve is really nice and reasonably priced. It's across the road from the Royal Hallamshire Hospital on Glossop Road.

Hi Clare. If you're parents are visiting Sheffield then drive out to the Peaks - don't go to the Fat Cat (lovely but in Sheffield's historic industrial heartland) or Aunt Sally's. The Admiral Rodney is one of those chain country pubs with re-heated food.

If you're wanting good quality food, in a traditional/historic pub set in beautiful scenery then my recommendation is The Barrel Inn, Bretton (Near Eyam, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S32 5QD). It's also the highest pub in the Peak District and is several hundred years old. Bit of a drive out but a stunning drive! Is near-ish to Chatsworth too if you fancy a visit there. Eyam village is a (very) minor tourist attraction too; known as the plague village (Google it). I have no idea what the veggie options are like, but my fiance & I had the best pub meals we've ever had there! Am guessing you'll have to book for Mother's Day.

The Barrel Inn, Bretton (Near Eyam, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S32 5QD). It's also the highest pub in the Peak District

I though that was the Cat & Fiddle?

Go to the Dam House restaurant. It's meant to be quite nice.

Go on. you know you want to.