Sheff storm 8/8

But many do, and if I were them I'd do something.

In my case, the two friends who have a car who could help us, are on holiday at the moment. The rest of our family/friends either dont have a license or if they do, dont own a car.

Remember not everyone is as lucky to be in that situation where they have people who will drop everything for them

That particular damage was caused by heavy rain, not lightening and actually happened a month or two back, not tonight.

It's on Station Road, just near the junction with School Street and very close to me. When the damage first appeared it was quickly repaired using the (sub)-standard methods usually applied to Sheffield's potholes. After the storm on 25th Jul it got carved up again even worse and has now had a better job done, which will hopefully last more than a few weeks this time :rolleyes:

That'll teach me not to make assumptions :roll:

Went past this earlier and the road indeed is in a right mess! Guess the 'better job' wasn't much good after all :P

Acuweather says rail will continue till 1430 the to start again at 1600. Rain will get worst bout 1100.

Setting up in progress for lowedges festival

Is it still on? Would like to take the family this year as I did the bus stand last year.

Still on when I just left for lunch but very quiet