Paul scrivens new job

All Scriven did pre-May 2010 was use his position as Leader as a publicity campaign to become an MP. As soon as he became Leader he was like a one man press release machine

All Scriven is concerned with is Scriven.

The electorate didn't want him so we should not have to have him as a Peer

---------- Post added 08-08-2014 at 21:23 ----------

Apparently he (& his doubtless "highly focussed and energized" team of professionals) help YOU deliver outstanding first class citizen focussed public services.

http://www.scrivenconsulting.co.uk/

- I bet you all feel so much better for knowing that!

That has got to be one of the most basic childlike website ever. It is full of grammar errors - oh, and Paul Scriven has not been Mayor of Sheffield because Sheffield does not have an elected Mayor leader of the city

Guest sibon
Fact is, he was the first ever to effectively challenge that seat which has been Labour held since forever. You make it sound like he failed, he didn't, it was a remarkable achievement.

Sorry Tim, he did fail.

I voted against Scriven in that election. My vote was purely personal, but for reasons that I won't put on here.

He should have won Sheffield Central that year, given the incorporation of a big chunk of Hallam into Sheffield Central.

He didn't because of... well, I have my own ideas about that.

Does that make him Lord Scriven, then? Like Labour giving Bob Kerslake a knighthood just for being the CEO of SCC for a few years.

Good luck to him. It's not a job I'd fancy, would you? Everyone in Sheffield just dying for you to put a foot wrong so they can come on SF and have a go at you. :D

A bit like you with Kerslake then

A bit like you with Kerslake then
No beef with Sir Bob here. I think he did quite a reasonable job with SCC, considering the material he had to work with most of the time. It was just a riposte to the mardy tone of the op. Don't get yer knickers in a twist. :)

The House of Lords should be abolished, apparently England has the largest group of unelected law makers outside of China. People who are rewarded for doing nothing more than financing their favourite party or the old pals act. All the parties are as bad as each other putting their cronies into the house to make sure they have a good number representing their party.

His manner in dealing with officers, when he was Leader of the Council, left a great deal to be desired. Came across as a bully and also criticised professional officers via the media.

Don't know if his attitude and approach has changed since then, but it will be interesting to see how he comes across in the debating chamber.

Sorry Tim, he did fail.

I voted against Scriven in that election. My vote was purely personal, but for reasons that I won't put on here.

He should have won Sheffield Central that year, given the incorporation of a big chunk of Hallam into Sheffield Central.

He didn't because of... well, I have my own ideas about that.

I voted against him too.

And it was a vote against him rather than a vote for Mr Blomfield.

And it was partly personal, but it was mainly political based on his track record of leader of Sheffield City Council, of which I was a voluble critic.

(Had he been running against the previous incumbent, Mr Caborn, I'd've been in a real bind, as I loathed the man (or rather, his political persona, as I regarded him as not only a chancer but also a makeweight, with no genuine ambition or ideas of his own.)

Does that make him Lord Scriven, then? Like Labour giving Bob Kerslake a knighthood just for being the CEO of SCC for a few years.

Good luck to him. It's not a job I'd fancy, would you? Everyone in Sheffield just dying for you to put a foot wrong so they can come on SF and have a go at you. :D

Kerslake has also been head of the Civil Service...

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 12:17 ----------

I voted against him too.

And it was a vote against him rather than a vote for Mr Blomfield.

And it was partly personal, but it was mainly political based on his track record of leader of Sheffield City Council, of which I was a voluble critic.

(Had he been running against the previous incumbent, Mr Caborn, I'd've been in a real bind, as I loathed the man (or rather, his political persona, as I regarded him as not only a chancer but also a makeweight, with no genuine ambition or ideas of his own.)

Who, Caborn or Scriven? I thought we wanted people committed to improving Sheffield, not ones with personal ambition...but of course it's never that simple is it?

Kerslake has also been head of the Civil Service...

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 12:17 ----------

Who, Caborn or Scriven? I thought we wanted people committed to improving Sheffield, not ones with personal ambition...but of course it's never that simple is it?

Oh Caborn.

I never thought Scriven was particularly interested in improving Sheffield, being more interested in trying to secure the NIMBY populist votes.

But at least we saw him and knew what he was up to rather than a leaflet shoved through our letterboxes of a smiling bearded man photographed next to smiling Black children, next to smiling old people, next to smiling people in wheelchairs, next to smiling people outside churches, mosques, and synagogues.

And above all, smiling. Because that's what we want and need from our politicians, isn't it?