Buddy Holly Concert

my mum was 12 at the time and wasn't allowed to attend by her dad,her neighbour who was older told her not worry as he would get buddys autograph for her,and he did,she still had it upto about 5 years ago and she sold it for 600 quid.

I remember seeing the Buddy Holly story at the Lyceum in 1997 FANTASTIC

Hi sputnikboy, I wasn't at city hall for that concert but was involved with many similar concerts while working as a Projectionist at the Odeon Theatre Nottingham including Buddy Holly in 1958 it was a 3 performance event one show about 2-30 one at 6-30 and last show 8-30 I was operating one of the arc spotlights I remember on that particular show, I took part in many shows with big names in pop during 1958 and 1959 including Paul Anka, Cliff Richard (twice) Count Basie, Tommy Steel(that was a fiasco he turned up too late to go on stage)caused much havoc!!and many others, all the acts had many supporting characters many later to become well know names in there own right, just thought you might be interested.

regards ianodeon