Annoying alarm Handsworth

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes, we live in Handsworth and for at least 3 weeks now there is a very high pitched alarm going on and off at all hours day and night. As it's been warm and we have the windows open it has woken us up many times.

We can't pin point where it is coming from so just wondered if anyone else hears it and if so have they any idea where it is so the homeowner or business can be notified?

Thanks

we are just behind the Sword Dancer but have no idea where the alarm is. It's a very high pitched alarm.

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it as it doesn't go off for ages and then it starts again going on and off again for hours.

I have in my mind if it's a building that it must be unused as surely someone would have done something about it by now.

Edited by caz7
added to post

Yes it is at the moment as I said it can go ages without going off then it starts usually more annoying at night.

Maybe it's coming from the other direction or maybe it's a broken car or van at Robins and Day.

I did say it was a long shot but if you aren't hearing it across from Asda I don't know.

---------- Post added 16-07-2014 at 20:03 ----------

It's just started again now.

Ask local businesses. We live in Darnall and had a similar problem last Summer. Turned out it was an old smoke alarm that had been left on the roof of a businesses building that no one knew about.

Hi, we live next to Flockton park (just off beaver hill road) and can hear it too, but only really from the back of the house/ garden (which backs on to the park).

Our neighbours who back on to our house from beaver hill rd have spoken to us about it as they are finding it more annoying, they think it is coming from somewhere near handsworth grange school!

We have only noticed it at night!

It seemed worse than ever last night. Amzy if you or your neighbour manager to discover what it is can you let me know. Thanks

I'd be surprised if you two are hearing the same alarm. It would have to be loud as there's a fair distance between you both.

Maybe you need to wander around tonite and see if you can figure out where the noise is coming from??

It seemed worse than ever last night. Amzy if you or your neighbour manager to discover what it is can you let me know. Thanks

Hi, we can only just hear the alarm when traffic/ etc quietens down late on, and only from the back of the house, so it's not really a problem for us, however neighbours on beaver hill road seem to be getting really annoyed by it and are having to close windows at night/ etc. I was stopped by a guy on Flockton park today asking if we could hear it, said it was driving him crackers, he was on the hunt to find where it could be coming from! Will post anything I hear with regards to the cause!

Alarms/ etc can be reported to 101 might be worth a try as it seems to be effecting quite a few properties across the area?

Hi

I can clarify what this was as it happened again last Thursday night. It was a house alarm on Flockton road estate. It was piercing but we called 101 and within 40 mins came and turned it off. Hopefully no more loud sounds from this area.