Going to be a dad for the first time.

Any advice other than getting my sleep in now and saving like mad?

Congrats fella. If you're on the dole keep it quiet, or the rich and famous on here will take you to task.

You've been warned. ;)

Edited by ronthenekred

Cheers pal. Never claimed the dole so I dont think I'll start now like my job too much as it gives me the time away from the Mrs when she's on one :P

Help out with household tasks as much as you can, now and after the birth. When baby comes offer cover for mummy naps and lie ins. Can I get you a drink? and surprise chocolate are also great. Tell mummy she's doing a great job often (assuming she's not making a total hash of it!)

These are from a new mummy perspective.

Enjoy every moment, they grow so fast!

Congratulations ajay :)

Just enjoy it and spend as much time with the little one as you can. Its tiring and can be hard work but it's the best thing ever. Congratulations.!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Hi ajay and congrats! I recently went through the same experience. I would advise to attend one of these free parenting classes which are provided by NHS. It helped me a lot , I didn't know anything about babies before and I gained some confidence :)

Congrats!!!

I'm a new mum well he is 16 months now.

Best advice I could give is ignore all advice. Everyone will tell you different things and a lot of the time confuse the hell out of you. I think most people try to be helpful but the truth is I believe all parents wing it. Its all new and strange and really hard work.

But its worth every minute. You wont go out as much, wont sleep as much and definitely wont have as much money. But you will have an adorable child that learns and grows with you.

It's an amazing feeling, enjoy it and that day you little one says Daddy for the first time will be music to your ears. :)