Mansfield road traffic

Isnt the guideline that there should be signs warning that a camera is in use?
Or a sign saying that there is going to be a sign etc etc :hihi:

I wouldnt go that far but there are guidelines the highways agency have to adhere to.

A poster has said there are signs but i cant say ive seen them myself.

Ill pop over for a look.

The sign on Mansfield Road is before the junction with Woodhouse Road, before where the bus lane actually starts.

I'll tell you why we don't use the bus lane, it's because if we do, and get to the traffic lights we have to change lanes, but no cars allow us to do that, making it hard to get through the lights, as they have changed a few times before we are let out.

Eventually (so i'm told) the bus lane lights will change before the others to allow buses out, but until that happens, buses will continue to use the right hand lane, otherwise we are stuck for ages, making us late

It makes common sense for the bus lane to be on the right side, as no buses go straight down east bank road, we all turn right onto prince or city road, whoever designed the bus lane needs a different job, as they have not thought it out properly. Why change something that worked fine before????

Edited by vizzbucks

I'll tell you why we don't use the bus lane, it's because if we do, and get to the traffic lights we have to change lanes, but no cars allow us to do that, making it hard to get through the lights, as they have changed a few times before we are let out.

Eventually (so i'm told) the bus lane lights will change before the others to allow buses out, but until that happens, buses will continue to use the right hand lane, otherwise we are stuck for ages, making us late

It makes common sense for the bus lane to be on the right side, as no buses go straight down east bank road, we all turn right onto prince or city road, whoever designed the bus lane needs a different job, as they have not thought it out properly. Why change something that worked fine before????

Well wasnt the problem before that buses were changing lanes further down (near where the chippy and post office is)? So its just moved the "swap" further up the hill.

Once the light sequence at the top changes there should be no further problems.

Well wasnt the problem before that buses were changing lanes further down (near where the chippy and post office is)? So its just moved the "swap" further up the hill.

Once the light sequence at the top changes there should be no further problems.

It is easier to change lanes by the chippie, as the light change behind leaving us gaps, but up at the top it's murder to get out, as most car drivers won't let us out, nudging bumper to bumper to make sure there are no gaps for us, i've seen this happen so many times. It will take a few seconds to let out a bus, won't make them late, but while that is happening, i'll still use the right lane until the traffic lights are working

The sign on Mansfield Road is before the junction with Woodhouse Road, before where the bus lane actually starts.

And its a camera warning sign?

Not just the restriction one?

And its a camera warning sign?

Not just the restriction one?

There's both restriction & camera warning signs.

It is easier to change lanes by the chippie, as the light change behind leaving us gaps, but up at the top it's murder to get out, as most car drivers won't let us out, nudging bumper to bumper to make sure there are no gaps for us, i've seen this happen so many times. It will take a few seconds to let out a bus, won't make them late, but while that is happening, i'll still use the right lane until the traffic lights are working

The traffic lights do work during the operating hours of the bus lane. I noticed the other day as I approached the bus lane was red whilst green for the right hand lane. This changed as I approached.

They didn't work yesterday, went up and down from 3pm until midnight on a 120, then on a 42.

I've never seen them work yet, and do Mansfield road almost daily

They didn't work yesterday, went up and down from 3pm until midnight on a 120, then on a 42.

I cycle up there on my commute and I've yet to see the lights not operating during the hours that the bus lane is operating. It's really annoying as it seems that me on my cycle doesn't apply enough pressure on the sensor to make the lights change, so I have to wait for a bus to trundle up behind me.

Admittedly I only cycle up in the morning and down in the evening.

Yep, I stand corrected. I noticed yesterday they didn't work in the afternoon either! Perhaps they only work the early shift lol

Joking aside, It was Wednesday about 8.55am when they were on

Edited by yorkiepudd