Go to the royal in woodhouse for a great nite out

if you are looking for a game of pool and a few pints then the royal is the place to go. its in the woodhouse village and its the best pub in the village

Are you the landlord by any chance?

If not could you tell us what the Stag, George, Junction and Angel are like these days by way of comparison.

The Royal was my favourite 20 years ago when I lived there.

Are you the landlord by any chance?

If not could you tell us what the Stag, George, Junction and Angel are like these days by way of comparison.

The Royal was my favourite 20 years ago when I lived there.

Norbert you'll still see same faces in George as 20 years ago but I don't think the pub's gone downhill.As for Stag never been same since Jim Mcguigan was landlord also 20 years ago and as such never gets as busy as it was-- tap room still full of Woodhouse chavs. Angel-- don't touch with bargepole:- I believe kids area has gone and plenty of druggy type problems in there.Full of estate wallers from Dyche Vale.Junction has karaoke nights and I guess is ok if thats what you like.So yes Royal is probably best current pub (left hand side for older customers) . Decent landlord who serves good beer!!

no im not the landlord but i go in most nights.

like the guy above says he serves good beer.

the stag has a good jukebox so i go down there on sunday for the last push of the weekend!!!!! but then back to royal for last orders. oh the george has a music qiuz sundays. the angel is the place to go if you want a full scale brawl on saturday night

Well, if you hear of any of the woodhouse pubs wanting a disco/karaoke or even a quiz in the week let me know....:thumbsup:

hahahaha i know this boozer and its ok, but there are far far better places to go than woodhouse, trust me!

the brunswick is a great pub if you want a game of pool and sum music. are you regular in there carcrash?

Has the Brunswick changed hands again? That savage noisy dog seems to have disappeared from behind the gates :suspect:

I'm still lamenting the disappearance of Frazer from the Angel - not found anywhere comparable to drink since :(

yeah it has changed hands. do you live near there?

I walk my dog past there on the way to the meadow. We have been known to watch the odd footy match in the Royal, but they don't allow the dog to watch the big screen :roll: