Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone tried the new Japanese restaurant yet?

Has anyone tried Wasabisabi, the new Japanese restaurant on London Road yet? Whats it like? I'm thinking of going there later this week but wanted to know what people reckon to it?

friends tried it, said it was quite good... 2 bits to it, a set menu where they cook food infront of you and a normal bit where they bring you stuff cooked in the kitchen. dont recomend the little bottles of saki tho at 6quid!!!! and not very nice...

I drove past twice last week and it was packed.

Anybody know any prices for set meal?

For tepanyaki the meat/fish menu is £22, veggie menu is £18.

if your after a nice meal....

theres 2 really nice restaurants, by the new vodka revolution, west one... just off west street

Adam

I dropped my mate from Manchester off there to have a meal with friends and he said it was superb. Cost him around £20. It looked very nice from the outside too....

it does look real good from the outside.....

any food critics here who have been and can recommend???

I'm not a food critic, but I went in last night and had a great time! I'd never eaten Japanese food before and it was the weirdest meal I've ever had - in a good way! (For main I had cold buckwheat noodles with a spicy soy-type sauce to dip them in - tasty once I'd got used to it!). The staff were really helpful telling me what everything was - and more importantly how to eat it!! I'd definately go back. The teppan-yaki (when they cook it infront of you) looked fun too, so will prob do that next time.

If you don't have teppan-yaki, you can either have lots of little dishes, like Japanese tapas, or have a main noodle-based course and a side dish. Menu is reasonably priced. Its nicely done out inside, modern but cosy. I'd recommend it!

The food is well cooked, well presented, fresh and tasty. Just about everything a Japanese restaurant shoud be in that respect, and a cut above your Yo Sushi! restaurants and the poor excuse for sushi they sell in M&S and Tesco.

They also have more choice items like premium sake (served cold) and a wide range of sushi.

The staff are very friendly and helpful though still a little disorganised. Once they've ironed out these kinks, the place should be a top notch night out.

You can also eat yourself silly, feel you've had very good food and not feel uncomfortably bloated. Which is strange experience after the all-you-can-eat explosion in Sheffield.

Two thumbs up!