X box 360 - can hear the game but not see it!

When switched on we can hear the game but there is no picture on the tv. Have tried a new HDMI lead and the tv works on it's own and with the wii but not with the x box. Any ideas why?!

Thanks

Reset the Video settings for the console...

1) Remove any discs from the disc tray.

2) Turn off the console.

3) Turn on the console.

Note: If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

As the console starts.... on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

If the problem is still not resolved, your console might need to be repaired.

Thank you, have just tried this but no success.

Thank you, have just tried this but no success.

Then I am afraid that it may need repairing, or replacing...

This is the same issue as the RedRing (or Red light on Slim versions) - but it hasn't detected a problem and tries to continue working...

Ok, thank you for your help anyway!

I'm not sure about the Xbox but the PS3 if you plug it in via scart you have to restart it by holding the power button down for 10 seconds so it re scans what port you are using.

Rick

I'm not sure about the Xbox but the PS3 if you plug it in via scart you have to restart it by holding the power button down for 10 seconds so it re scans what port you are using.

Rick

That's what I just told her how to do.... reset the video...

but no, xBox will output to HDMI and Scart at the same time if you have the right cable(s) ;) - so that wouldn't matter any ways! :)