New building near medowhall

Somebody will be along to confirm but I think SCC turned down the Next planning application to build on the old Betafence site and insisted they build in the city centre. Next appealed and were granted permission to build the site adjadent to Meadowhall. Now that Betafence site is under planning proposal for a new Ikea.

It's going to be NEXT home and garden, they're also building a drive through Costa Coffee and a BMW dealership on the same bit of land.

I only know because I work at the Sainsbury's Petrol Station across the road from it so we've had letters etc letting us know what they're doing and the workmen come in to buy their lunch etc.

Edited by angel22

Just started working on there last week. Can confirm it is a Next Home & Garden Centre and a Costa Coffee as stated above. No BMW dealership being built at the moment or mention of it but there is a large section of land marked as 'for future development' on the drawings.