Ukip. All discussion here please.

Surely as people who have turned their backs and abandoned their homeland, we'd be under no obligation to take them back, and they'd have rendered themselves stateless?
So, err...what happens to mixed nationality married couples? to their kids?

If they've taken their money over there and are paying their own way then I'm not sure the Spanish would be glad to see the back of them.
Works both ways, which is what you (and many others) seem to obstinately refuse to understand.

Take your sentence above: do you think the UK will be glad to see the back of me when I take my six figure's worth of assets and five figure's worth of annual tax contributions out of the UK?

I would also guess quite a lot of them would now be classified as Spanish and allowed to stay there if we were to leave the EU.
After 17 years here, I'm not classified as British in any way, shape or form. If the UK leaves the EU, I'll only be allowed to stay subject to whatever rules the UK enacts and subject to any amendments to these rules over time.

Personally, I'll not bother running the gauntlet (kinda hard to make long-term plans with such a large new stakeholder in one's life and situation as a right-wing State that has proven itself so susceptible to populist rethoric), I'll just keep servicing the UK clients from abroad (cheaper for them ;)) and happily plumb the UK's balance of trade :twisted::D...I know I won't be alone doing that - by far.

Edited by L00b

I'm not so worried about the Brits living in the EU, it's the imported votes coming from the EU that worry me.

If 500,000+ immigrants are coming in each year, most of whom are likely to vote in favour of staying in the EU, then the longer the vote is delayed, the more chance there is of the pro EU vote coming out on top.

I suppose it will depend on who is allowed to vote in any such referendum. If all the Johnny-come-latelies are allowed to vote, regardless of how long they've been here, then it's more than likely the vote will be in favour of staying in the EU, especially if it's delayed a few more years.

Regards

Doom

True, only British citizens should be allowed a referendum vote, not residents. If gerrymandering by importing millions more people is a possibility, it's open to abuse by the powers that be. We know it can happen because Labour did it for over a decade to import votes.

Works both ways, which is what you (and many others) seem to obstinately refuse to understand.

Take your sentence above: do you think the UK will be glad to see the back of me when I take my six figure's worth of assets and five figure's worth of annual tax contributions out of the UK?

After 17 years here, I'm not classified as British in any way, shape or form. If the UK leaves the EU, I'll only be allowed to stay subject to whatever rules the UK enacts and subject to any amendments to these rules over time.

Of course it works both ways, which is why you'll find most (All?) UKIP supporters are in favour of selective immigration.

You clearly make a valuable and substantial contribution towards our economy, so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to stay.

I've always said, if we need people from abroad with particular skills in areas that we're currently lacking, I'd be more than happy to have them come over here.

It's open immigration that I disagree with.

Regards

Doom

However, UKIP don't seem to hate all EU citizens.

Ukippers love European citizens, we just don't like the EU. :)

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 12:07 ----------

Of course it works both ways, which is why you'll find most (All?) UKIP supporters are in favour of selective immigration.

You clearly make a valuable and substantial contribution towards our economy, so I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to stay.

I've always said, if we need people from abroad with particular skills in areas that we're currently lacking, I'd be more than happy to have them come over here.

It's open immigration that I disagree with.

Regards

Doom

This is what many UKIP haters either don't understand because they are too thick, or understand perfectly well but deliberately lie.

UKIP are a very pro-immigration party. In fact we favour liberalising immigration with the rest of world, and harmonising immigration rules so that people are not favoured or discriminated against based on which continent they were born on.

You have to wonder why people favouring the EU are in fact favouring discimination against non-Europeans.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 12:17 ----------

Ipsos MORI have a new poll on support for EU membership within the UK. It may come as a shock to UKIP supporters: Support for EU membership highest for 23 years, even as UKIP rises in the polls.

Great. If this fills Europhiles with confidence, let's all call for a referendum asap to give the public a say, no excuses.

The UKs biggest export market is the EU, if we leave in order to continue to export into the EU we will still have to conform with all current and future EU regulations.

We export more to the rest of the world than to the EU. Worst part is we import twice as much from the creating a huge deficit. That's one reason they want us to stay.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 15:56 ----------

Have Ukip thought this through, and do they have a plan for reacting to the possible loss of market?

It will be in the manifesto mjw47. I can assure you they have a plan as I heard it at the Annual Conference.

:)

We export more to the rest of the world than to the EU. Worst part is we import twice as much from the creating a huge deficit. That's one reason they want us to stay.

---------- Post added 23-10-2014 at 15:56 ----------

It will be in the manifesto mjw47. I can assure you they have a plan as I heard it at the Annual Conference.

:)

Not according to this BBC report we don't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28784701

Whilst the USA is our biggest importer as a single country EU countries combined are our biggest customer.

There is also the fact that we export 8 out of every 10 cars built here.

How many of those car manufacturers are actually British owned, and how many can be relied upon to remain here if we leave the EU?

However, I am sure all of this has been considered, and will be contained in the manifesto.

We can all look forward in confidence that these geniuses have the country's best interests at heart and will lead us into a land of milk and honey.

Providing the bees haven't all died, and the cows don't get 'foot in mouth' which I believe can be contracted by direct contact with Ukip. :D

People do realise that if we pull out of the EU there's nothing to stop us still trading with them, just like there's nothing stopping us trading with the USA.

Regards

Doom

People do realise that if we pull out of the EU there's nothing to stop us still trading with them, just like there's nothing stopping us trading with the USA.

Regards

Doom

Yes there is.

Firstly internal trade within the EU is a requirement of membership, remember the French getting in trouble for refusing to buy our beef?

Secondly would be the very real spectre of trade barriers.

Regards

Doom

Yes we know that, but as I pointed out earlier, trading with the EU requires conforming to all their current and future regulations, and without any input to what they are, as we have at present.

Also they do not have to trade with us do they?

Unless we are providing something unique, which cannot be sourced elsewhere they could decide to show us what a mistake we made, couldn't they?

Of course they don't have to trade with us, just like we don't have to trade with them, but it's to all parties benefits if we do trade.

Countries like USA, Canada, Norway and Japan all manage to trade with the EU, there's absolutely no reason we can't do the same.

It wouldn't surprise me if our leaving proved to be a catalyst for others doing the same, especially as we're one of the major players and a massive nett contributor.

Regards

Doom

Yes we know that, but as I pointed out earlier, trading with the EU requires conforming to all their current and future regulations, and without any input to what they are, as we have at present.

Unless we are providing something unique, which cannot be sourced elsewhere they could decide to show us what a mistake we made, couldn't they?

Or they could lose an important market for their goods,

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/EUOverseasTrade/Pages/EuOTS.aspx

Or they could lose an important market for their goods,

https://www.uktradeinfo.com/Statistics/EUOverseasTrade/Pages/EuOTS.aspx

As the deficit in trade appears to be £5 billion a month in favour of the EU, what does that suggest to you with regard to who needs whom the most?

We currently export more to the Irish Republic a nation with a population of 4.6 million than we do to Brazil, Russia, India and China combined.

We have a trade deficit currently of £22.4 billion and are forecast to have the highest deficit of any industrialized nation in the world very shortly.

Taking risks with our trade at this particular time doesn't strike me as a particularly bright idea, but there you go.