Travel landing net and keep net

at94

So i just purchased a John Wilson Avon Quiver Travel rod and a Shakespeare rucksack chair , Because i travel mainly by bus i now need a small travel landing net and keep net my old travel landing net broke and it had no name on it as it was a handy down any recommendations ?

I don't know I normaly fish rivers and its just one of my superstitions that if I release a fish it will spook the rest so I like to save them in keepnets

Yeah, i know what you mean, but i wouldn't worry about it.

I'm open to being proved wrong, but is their any scientific data to back it up ? I prefer a roaming/stalking style anyway, so it's of no consequence to me, but i wouldn't be put off if static fishing, i've had a fish a chuck on the canal when not using a keep net, so i don't buy it.

Yeah, i know what you mean, but i wouldn't worry about it.

I'm open to being proved wrong, but is their any scientific data to back it up ? I prefer a roaming/stalking style anyway, so it's of no consequence to me, but i wouldn't be put off if static fishing, i've had a fish a chuck on the canal when not using a keep net, so i don't buy it.

I do roaming fishing a lot on the river , so it isnt essential ! I fished the canal today for 2 hours and I didn't have a keep net and it was the same a fish a chuck pretty much ! I don't think there is much scientific data on most of the fishing tactics and superstitions I take most fishing advice with a pinch of salt

Ayee still need a small landing just looked at the fox landing but can't find any too buy

I'd just head out to a couple of tackle shops and weigh them up first hand. I generally find something for a fiver can be far better than some ergonomic all singing all dancing branded £25 piece. I went for an aluminium pole for stalking, as it can be used for bush whacking where a carbon pole can't. Also found it useful to steady myself down steep banks, to gain access to runs otherwise off limits.

(Landing net pole that is, not roach :D )

Depends on what size fish you want it for. You can get carp nets that fold up, they are triangular and the end piece collapses but these are generally quite large when opened up but will fit in your rod bag.

Try ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Nash-Peg-One-X-Extra-Strong-Landing-Net-Head-Carp-Coarse-Fishing-/121282547913?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item1c3d00d0c9

Middy do one http://www.middytackle.com/products/?id=1363&p=5&c=E&t=E1 you might want a bigger net depending on what you catch but the handle looks ok. I've seen other ones but can't find a link. I'm looking at a similar set up myself so let me know how you get on with the rucksack chair !

With small cars getting ever more popular I'm amazed there isn't a bigger call for decent travel stuff.

Archived