Has any one been to the Furniture Barn

if you do buy anything make sure you have a good look at it when they deliver it or when you pick it up from shop. the box i got was all taped up as though someone had been in it before and wrapped it back up, when i opened the box the sideboard i had bought was damaged. i took it straight back and got a refund put back in my bank, they asked if i wanted to order another one i said no thanks. although i have had stuff from there before and its been fine

I went to this store around 6 months and got just what I wanted at good price with good assistance from the staff. The item I bought was good quality and I have recently been back and bought another item.

I was very satisfied with the customer service which was helpful but not overpowering.

---------- Post added 18-12-2015 at 21:24 ----------

It's called being helpful.

Being rude is not the way to go mate.

I work in a similar retail environment, you just can't please everyone... When a salesperson approaches a customer and asks it they would like any help some of them react as if you had just put a knife to their throat... Others If you don't ask them if they would like any help they just walk out as if the sales staff have been rude, rather than asking for help themselves.. It's a no win situation for these guys...

Has anyone been to the Furniture Barn at Heeley. I went earlier and it has some nice stuff and good prices, but the salesmen stood in the doorway waiting to pounce put me off. As soon as they make eye contact or you stop and look at something they are like dogs with bones. I left without buying.

I know exactly what you mean if I enter a store and get pounced on I'm off like a hare at a racetrack,I like to go into a store I like to browse without any bother from any pushy people although the majority of times it probably management tactics for the staff to follow.

• 3 weeks later...

You would buy from them if you didn't know they were in the hands of the receiver and only found out when reading the small print on the receipt !

If you have paid by credit card you can claim monies back - debit card or cash you are stuffed I am told.