Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

I'll be honest, I have no read through this, but this is something interesting if it has not been said before.

On that day, a relative of mine was on her way to work. Before the event was even cancelled, public transport was running as normal, not diverted as the usual. So did SYT see into the future? or did they know the event was going to be axed before hand? (as in was it the plan to axe it in the first place).

As most of us know, bus drivers are always the last to know about any changes to diversions etc (or at least it has been in my experience).

So with this information, and (as I hear) they have used the water excuse to cancel it altogether next time; was the event sabotaged?

Let the conspiracy theories commence.

I'll be honest, I have no read through this, but this is something interesting if it has not been said before.

On that day, a relative of mine was on her way to work. Before the event was even cancelled, public transport was running as normal, not diverted as the usual. So did SYT see into the future? or did they know the event was going to be axed before hand? (as in was it the plan to axe it in the first place).

As most of us know, bus drivers are always the last to know about any changes to diversions etc (or at least it has been in my experience).

So with this information, and (as I hear) they have used the water excuse to cancel it altogether next time; was the event sabotaged?

What you on about?

The changes were publisised as normal and there was no way the buses would be able to go anywhere on the route

https://www.sypte.co.uk/media.aspx?id=3913

Edited by No User Name
typo

was the event sabotaged?

For political reasons some in Sheffield don't want a feel good factor in the city this side of local and national elections.

For political reasons some in Sheffield don't want a feel good factor in the city this side of local and national elections.

Paranoia is spreading.

Living in a box must be fun, lad.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 11:48 ----------

What you on about?

The changes were publisised as normal and there was no way the buses would be able to go anywhere on the route

https://www.sypte.co.uk/media.aspx?id=3913

They where running as normal.

Living in a box must be fun, lad.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 11:48 ----------

They where running as normal.

No they were not, how do you proposed this happened when roads were closed off and over 4k people ran the route anyway?

The service variation signs were all over town for weeks leading up to it.

Still no conclusive statement any where. I presume this must mean they don't actually know what went wrong.

The statement on their website still includes the incorrect phrase "The organising committee – a small group of volunteers which runs the Sheffield Half Marathon Charities Trust". The organising committee is the limited company NOT the charity.

Smoke and mirrors...

Still no conclusive statement any where. I presume this must mean they don't actually know what went wrong.

The statement on their website still includes the incorrect phrase "The organising committee – a small group of volunteers which runs the Sheffield Half Marathon Charities Trust". The organising committee is the limited company NOT the charity.

Smoke and mirrors...

Ofc they know the events that happened, but they are waiting for the lawyers to give them some advice. Some possibilities can have wide reaching implications for the individuals and the charity, so they will take their time. Notwithstanding that i dont think their pr has been very good.

There could ofc be 2 organising committees with the one for the charity running the investigation. I cant see why you think its a big thing anyway. If it is then please explain why.

Smoke and mirrors...

A charity can be a limited company:

https://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/start-up-a-charity/as-your-charity-grows/becoming-a-charitable-company-or-cio/

It is an effective way of operating when you reach a certain size. So they are one and the same organisation. Nothing sinister...

DeathAxe went quiet, wonder why?

Has a life beyond Sheffield Forum?

Has a life beyond Sheffield Forum?

Or he finally realised he was talking crap. He has posted since.