Sheffield Half Marathon is a shambles

So you expect a private company operating normal office hours to be able to organise that within a few hours on a Sunday morning?

Its not exactly rocket science is it? I bet even you can turn on a tap. How do you know they operate normal office hours? Just another of your wild assumptions.

I'll give them a ring at 10pm tonight then and see if I get through, and report back.

As part of their business is emergency supply of water to folk who have a contaminated or cut off supply I doubt that will be a problem.

Here's their number to help you out. 0845 345 1725

As part of their business is emergency supply of water to folk who have a contaminated or cut off supply I doubt that will be a problem.

Can you find me a geographic or an 03xx number, please? That isnt included in my free minutes.

Just to confirm the supply of drinking water is heavily regulated, and not the same as you get from your regular o'l fire engine. This needs to adhere to British Standards, or any event organiser is open to being sued in the event of someone falling ill. I am amazed that the police let it run still, as people handing out water from the sidelines that could have had contamination would have had all manner of implications. Whether you agree or disagree with regulations, this is what any event organiser in the country has to adhere to.

Can you find me a geographic or an 03xx number, please? That isnt included in my free minutes.

Do you need him to wipe your bottom as well? Or are you just trolling for a reaction?

It seems there are a lot of people here wishing to see others fail, and who don't mind putting the boot in whenever possible. Have a care - ome day you will be in that same position and the boot will be coming for you.

Do you need him to wipe your bottom as well? Or are you just trolling for a reaction?

It seems there are a lot of people here wishing to see others fail, and who don't mind putting the boot in whenever possible. Have a care - ome day you will be in that same position and the boot will be coming for you.

A lot of speculation on here, and would suggest to wait until the facts are released.

So you expect a private company operating normal office hours to be able to organise that within a few hours on a Sunday morning?

Not much point in advertising Emergency Water if they don't operate 24/7

Ring the Fire Brigade and they will have a vehicle with 300 gallons outside your house 10 minutes later.

I initially thought of that but I'm not sure where they get their water from.

Purely from an economic point of view I doubt if it's drinkable.

The Fire Brigade have far better things to do than ensure their water tanks meet H&S requirements.

Edited by Gleadly

cyclo i think they looked at is as having a crowd of 4000+ people running over roads might have caused accidents or public disorder. If people were determined to run anyway, then there could have been accidents.

I think its commonplace for the public to hand out water as well as the official stations. If you look at richks posts from the runners forum they make comments that they are a godsend. there are no comments or complaints about being poisoned etc.

Nousername I found a number 01787 223345 but it was last updated 2003.

the e-mail is enquiries@water-direct.co.uk