Sheffield City Council ticketing in Hillsborough

The front of my house has paving stones, these are my property but the general public walk on them as there is no divide between my flags and the pavement - the van was actually on my slabs blocking my front door! i couldnt enter my house from the front! and they blocked the entire window..

Think i need to build a wall but then it might look odd because all the neighbours fronts are the same!

In which case I presume you told them to clear off?

Which is where they have parked for donkeys years , yet the council only deemed it to be a problem on sundays a year or so ago when they brought in sunday parkling restrictions . :huh:

If it was an issue why not bring in the sunday restrictions donkeys years ago ?

Why only last year ?

Unless of course the sunday workers are just a convenient excuse for the council to fleece motorists on a sunday .

The popularity of visiting the city centre on Sundays has increased over the years. As in all such things, they reach a tipping point and the authorities react accordingly. Sheffield is one of the last major cities to start charging on Sundays.

As I have mentioned before, the Council only control about 25% of the overall parking provision in the city centre. The rest is private sector provision and they have been charging on Sundays for donkeys years.

The popularity of visiting the city centre on Sundays has increased over the years. As in all such things, they reach a tipping point and the authorities react accordingly. Sheffield is one of the last major cities to start charging on Sundays.

As I have mentioned before, the Council only control about 25% of the overall parking provision in the city centre. The rest is private sector provision and they have been charging on Sundays for donkeys years.

Cobblers.

There was and there remains absolutely no reason to charge for parking on single yellow lines on a Sunday and in extending the operational hours for using parking bays.

Other than to raise money.

What the hell has city centre parking got to do with parking in Hillsborough?

Same council. The same problem.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 14:15 ----------

Or, what the hell does city centre parking have to do with parking for the Tour de France?

I suppose that would depend whether the idea of having the city disrupted by 250,000 folk spectating on the Tour de France in Sheffield is in the hope that large numbers of them will take a trip to the city centre, spend their money and boost the economy and fortunes of the city centre traders. But perhaps you and the council think they will all drop in for a beer and a sandwich at The Cow & Calf.

According to the tour information they expect 3 million folk to follow the tour in Yorkshire and 250,000 to line the streets of Sheffield. That is a lot of extra folk in the city which busts a gut if United are at home.

The change regarding white lines is simple. A year ago in Sheffield you could park on them on a Sunday. This year you can't.

So my solution for a one off event is quite simple. Suspend the restriction on parking on single yellow lines on the day because that never caused a problem until the council imposed Sunday parking charges.

The route that day covers 200km, a lot of the people who will watch will be nowhere near Sheffield.

The city doesn't bust a gut when there are football matches, I'm in the area around Bramall Lane quite a lot when Utd matches are on and disruption is minimal. Same at Weds.

Changing the days of operation of a controlled parking zone is not a simple thing as I have explained before and it appears to be only you who thinks there will be any issue. There are a team of experienced people organising this event, let's leave it to them to sort out what is needed.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 14:18 ----------

Cobblers.

There was and there remains absolutely no reason to charge for parking on single yellow lines on a Sunday and in extending the operational hours for using parking bays.

They don't charge for parking on single yellow lines. You just can't park on them at the times the controlled parking zone is operational. There is more than enough parking space in the city centre to cope with demand on Sundays.

Cobblers.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The route that day covers 200km, a lot of the people who will watch will be nowhere near Sheffield.

The city doesn't bust a gut when there are football matches, I'm in the area around Bramall Lane quite a lot when Utd matches are on and disruption is minimal. Same at Weds.

Changing the days of operation of a controlled parking zone is not a simple thing as I have explained before and it appears to be only you who thinks there will be any issue. There are a team of experienced people organising this event, let's leave it to them to sort out what is needed.

---------- Post added 25-03-2014 at 14:18 ----------

They don't charge for parking on single yellow lines. You just can't park on them at the times the controlled parking zone is operational. There is more than enough parking space in the city centre to cope with demand on Sundays.

You know exactly what I mean.

That is the first true thing you have posted. Isn't it a pity. It would have been nice if a few thousand made the trip into Sheffield and boosted city trade.

But Sheffield council hates motorists and will cut off its nose to spite its face. Better that other towns and cities pick up the trade than make a gesture to the motoring public.

Archived