What is Wincobank like?

Vauxhall Road is nice and quiet although the bottom end is busier with traffic and the top end can get busier at school drop off / pick up times for a few minutes. Having lived in the Wincobank for 19 years until recently i'd recommend it

If you can, I suggest driving around a few times eg day and evening so you can see for yourself

The best advice I've ever had when thinking of moving to an unfamiliar area is to visit it at different times of day and have a wander around to get a feel for it. Maybe have a drink in a couple of local pubs too in the hope of seeing a representative sample of the local people.

On the other hand, this might be terrible advice if the area is extremely rough, has pubs marred by regular outbreaks of violence and is filled with people who are suspicious of strangers...

I've lived in lower Wincobank for 17 years and never had any problems, Vauxhall Road is quiet, Barrow Road is heavey with traffic at busy times. As for sampling the Local pubs, the only one round here now is The Wincobank Hotel halfway up Newman Road. You mite also be interested to know that there's very little litter around as Brendan Ingle has all his Boxers doing litter pics on a regular basis. No it's not Fulwood or Dore but people round here are proud of our area.

Vauxhall road is quiet but Barrow road gets busy as it's a main road to ecclesfield and town.

No gangs walking the streets etc, really peaceful area to live

Thanks everyone. Went for a walk round the area in the evening and it seemed very quiet, which is reassuring. The lack of pubs could be an issue though, ha ha!

Jenkin Road and Newman Road will be a feature of this years Tour de France so you will receiving about 10,000 visitors on 6th July with a 12 hour road closure due to the 1,000 vehicle procession.

Jenkin Road and Newman Road will be a feature of this years Tour de France so you will receiving about 10,000 visitors on 6th July with a 12 hour road closure due to the 1,000 vehicle procession.

Yes it is fantastic is it not ?