Peregrine falcons.

melv

Be good if the camera could move like Notts one, although they haven't bothered to move it the last few days so hardly anyone who's been watching from the start will have seen them fly

In previous years, the birds have flapped up and down the ledge in fornt of the normal camera position bu they seem to be doing it somewhere else this year - or I have just completely missed it!

The Sheffield birds have been on and off the roof of the platform today.

I had the impression that is was only one of the birds so far, and even that one came crashing down after a while (fortunately straight into the scrape). In contrast, the smallest of the birds still seems reluctant even to stand on the edge of the box.

I had the impression that is was only one of the birds so far, and even that one came crashing down after a while (fortunately straight into the scrape). In contrast, the smallest of the birds still seems reluctant even to stand on the edge of the box.

The male had to be rescued last year after it nosedived.

I'm thinking and hoping that enough people are watching almost constantly that if something untoward did happen people would get there quick enough to help out.

I have a friend who works at the Uni and she says that nearly everyone watches the life feed...it's a wonder any work gets done.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Definitely 3 birds on the roof now, and one in the scrape desperately trying to join them! Hope it ends well.

Definitely 3 birds on the roof now, and one in the scrape desperately trying to join them! Hope it ends well.

I'm amazed that watching Springwatch etc and other nests there is always a struggle to provide enough food for all the brood.

In Sheffield the pigeons supply so much food the fledgling peregrines can ignore various bits of flesh lying about and can't even be bothered to fight for new catches any more.

I don't hate pigeons....they are creatures after all. But It's a nice balance where all our rubbish and litter encourages them, which in turn encourages a spectacular bird to enter the city to hunt them.

Edited by taxman

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.