Scottish Referendum

So you have oil Whisky and fishing rights. Its hardly a great basis for an economic boom.

Let see what you may loose, the Bank of England bank rolling you, the UK's trade deals (you will have to negotiate your own), the NHS (you'll have to sort your own health system out... I'm sure there's hundreds of other things.

Going it alone is going to take more than words, Salmond is good at stating what he would like but has so far not said a great deal on how he would get it.

Cmon, stay with us, you know it makes sense ;)

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 01:09 ----------

Also, If you get independence, and you eventually join the European union, you will be ruled by them! Back to square one methinks.

Haven't Spain already ruled this out ?

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 01:11 ----------

And you said you live in Sheffield. Just for fun tell me why England would be better without Scotland , and why? :)

We may not be, its Scotland that's after leaving so its a question you must answer. Why would Scotland be better off ?

And you said you live in Sheffield. Just for fun tell me why England would be better without Scotland , and why? :)

I was born and lived in Sheffield for 36 years. Been in Scotland 7 years.

I haven't said England would be better off without Scotland. So there's no point in me answering your question. We have Scots in our family, and I live amongst them. I don't really care which way the vote goes.

The company I work for are UK wide, so if I don't like what independence brings I can bugger off back down south.

There's over 400,000 English up here. Not sure how many are eligible to vote, but it would be interesting to know what they vote for??

So you have oil Whisky and fishing rights. Its hardly a great basis for an economic boom.

Let see what you may loose, the Bank of England bank rolling you, the UK's trade deals (you will have to negotiate your own), the NHS (you'll have to sort your own health system out... I'm sure there's hundreds of other things.

Going it alone is going to take more than words, Salmond is good at stating what he would like but has so far not said a great deal on how he would get it.

Cmon, stay with us, you know it makes sense ;)

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 01:09 ----------

Haven't Spain already ruled this out ?

---------- Post added 08-02-2014 at 01:11 ----------

We may not be, its Scotland that's after leaving so its a question you must answer. Why would Scotland be better off ?

Because England would be a drain no more!

Because England would be a drain no more!

Well if you can't answer my questions you are going to have a real shock when you realize what a drain independence is going to be. Money does not grow on trees, trade deals do not grow on trees, oil and Whiskey will have to be if you don't want taxing on the kind of scale will be needed to give Salmond his dream.