Scottish Referendum

Thanks for that! Don't judge us all because of 1 muppet please!

I'm not judging the Scottish people, I like all but one of them and if you chose to stay with us then :love:

But it would be really interesting if you left :)

We can't afford to leave - it's really that simple. Too much braveheart type propaganda being spouted about how great it will be and because of Cameron's performance people are willing to believe it. At the end of the day it comes down to hard cash and it's not affordable not that wee eck will ever admit it in a million years.

Actually I want them to go, that's why I want Cameron to go up there and give them what for :hihi:

If they vote yes it would shake the whole dam country up and maybe give us more regional representation, maybe ?

And I would like Scotland to go down hill rapidly, just because I detest that Salmon bloke.

You're not alone in detesting Alex Salmond. He is such an obnoxious man, who is clearly anti-english. I suppose it would be right to say "Let em have independence", but that would just to spite that horrible little man, but I think we should stay united with Scotland, and hopefully he will then learn to shut up, and do what he is told.

I'm not judging the Scottish people, I like all but one of them

Are you saying you like Gordon Brown? You could be in some trouble with the forum's political police for thoughts like that :hihi:

I'm a Scot but won't have a vote because I live here but if I did I'd be voting a resounding NO! It's not affordable and hasd to be one of the daftest ideas ever. Most people I know who plan to vote 'Yes' don't want the SNP in charge (especially not Salmond), they want Labour but wee eck (Salmond) thinks he's going to be in charge.

It's a bad move not just for Scotland but for the rest of the UK as well.

I've spoke to many Scots on this topic and only one was for independence.

I get to vote,but not decided yet???

I have heard on the grapevine that Mel Gibson will be granted freedom of the land if the Scots break free :hihi:

I've spoke to many Scots on this topic and only one was for independence.

I get to vote,but not decided yet???

I just can't see how they can expect people to make their minds up when neither side has posted any real eveidence to support their point of view. The reason I see a huge bill that someone is going to have to foot is because I work for a Govt dept and buy It services. I know how much it costs to make changes and this isn;t just a change, it's a total decoupling and setting up new if the muppet gets his way and just for where I work it's going to cost serious amounts of money so times that by other depts like tax & NI, NHS etc. The sums just don;t add up.

That oil isn't going to last beyond the next 40/50 years at best so I don;t know where it;s all going to come from.

I love my country but I don;t love that wee nyaff selling it off cos he's got some notions of being in charge. :)

I just can't see how they can expect people to make their minds up when neither side has posted any real eveidence to support their point of view. The reason I see a huge bill that someone is going to have to foot is because I work for a Govt dept and buy It services. I know how much it costs to make changes and this isn;t just a change, it's a total decoupling and setting up new if the muppet gets his way and just for where I work it's going to cost serious amounts of money so times that by other depts like tax & NI, NHS etc. The sums just don;t add up.

That oil isn't going to last beyond the next 40/50 years at best so I don;t know where it;s all going to come from.

I love my country but I don;t love that wee nyaff selling it off cos he's got some notions of being in charge. :)

Most of my friends are mid to high earners and would seriously consider moving out of Scotland, because they believe high taxes would follow independence.

He's destroying the landscape with his useless turbines.

Discriminating against the English,welsh and irish regarding uni fees. But doesn't mind the rest of Europe (who have never paid a penny in the pot) receive free uni places.

Council tax freeze for as long as I can remember???

Free eye tests for all.

Free bus passes for druggies/alcos (yes,this is true)

Free prescriptions.

It costs a fortune to pay for schools and the NHS on the islands.

And if they get independence,he says free child care.

He lives in dreamland. And probably has visions of sitting on Arthurs seat with a crown on his big fat head.:hihi:

Like you say though this is just a dream of his and no one has really even tried to wake him up. He hasn't showed how he is going to pull off this great Scotland of his and no one has bothered really to show its failings.

If there is a Yes vote people will be walking into it with their eyes closed.

Let me be clear: Scotland can go it alone. Both sides of the coin ( England & Scotland) will struggle to find their feet if Scotland go independent. It will be a hard and slow settling in period for all. If you think for 1 minute Scotland cant go alone you would be wrong!. Not just my opinion but a fact!

Let me be clear: Scotland can go it alone. Both sides of the coin ( England & Scotland) will struggle to find their feet if Scotland go independent. It will be a hard and slow settling in period for all. If you think for 1 minute Scotland cant go alone you would be wrong!. Not just my opinion but a fact!

So you can predict the future?

So you can predict the future?

Yes regarding how it will not be an easy ride for both Scotland and England If Scotland go independent. The pulling power will be defragmented. Both sides will be in effect starting over! Not just Scotland. Anyone thinking this will only affect Scotland is nuts!