In Car CCTV (11 characters)

According to Adrian Flux insurance, if you have one of the following in your car your insurer may give you a discount:

• ChilliBongo

• ForView FHX 2000 & FHX 1000

• Auto Eye UK

• MI Witness HD Camera

• Black Vue – 380 & 400 G.HD

• VCAM

• IPIXI

• Next Base InCarCam – Lite / Deluxe / Professional Models

• SmartCam2

• Smart Witness Cameras

• Exeros HD Car Cameras -l HD 1080P model within built speed camera detection

• Roadhawk Forward Facing DC1

• Novus System – View I Ruby and Silver Systems

• TTW Black Vue Cameras

• Phantom Cameras

• Silent Witness – SW010

whats the price of these cctv systems ?

ie if £100 for one the flux might knock 10% off so that only £10 ? is it worth it

whats the price of these cctv systems ?

ie if £100 for one the flux might knock 10% off so that only £10 ? is it worth it

It's worth it if you have an accident where it becomes your word against theirs (unless it's your fault!)

It's worth it if you have an accident where it becomes your word against theirs (unless it's your fault!)

do they record when dark ? like now in winter time

Not necessarily true. It's also worth having when it's your word against theirs, when it wasn't your fault.

Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow. So I'll let you know if it's any good.

If not, I'll blame Lee :D

Not necessarily true. It's also worth having when it's your word against theirs, when it wasn't your fault.

That's what I said !

But, it can also help combat exaggerated claims if the accident actually was your fault.

Feel free, to be honest id do the same :lol:

---------- Post added 10-02-2014 at 09:41 ----------

do they record when dark ? like now in winter time

Mine does. It just uses the light from street lights, car lights and any other light source.

You can get car cams with great big leds on them for night vision but they just rebound of the windscreen meaning you get a big white blur at times. I have a cheap and nasty one in the back of the car, 25 quid and it has those big stupid leds but i just switch them off because it records pretty well with very little light.

Got it, it's pretty good.

Lee, what OS do you use?

I can't seem to open it on Win8. I hope it's not another thing that is incompatible! :rant:

Windows 7

wroks a treat for me. From memory i think you have to unpack it with winrar or 7zip or something.

Could that be the problem? Did it unpack ok?

Windows 7

wroks a treat for me. From memory i think you have to unpack it with winrar or 7zip or something.

Could that be the problem? Did it unpack ok?

No my machine just doesn't recognise it at all. A bit like my ExtHDD (Western Digi), it just won't have it.

FFS!

No my machine just doesn't recognise it at all. A bit like my ExtHDD (Western Digi), it just won't have it.

FFS!

Do you mean it wont recognise your camera?

You dont need to plug the camera into your pc. You can just plug them memory card in. Thats where all the data is stored. You dont even need to plug the camera into your pc to change the settings as its all done on the units screen.

The software on the disk is the playback software for watching your saved footage. It shows your your possition on a map using the GPS. If you cant get the software to run you can still watch the files by using something live VLC. Ive used VLC to watch them and it works ok, you just dont get all the GPS map gubbins, just the rae footage of events captured from your camera.

Edited by Lee_

Do these item have a high theft value? Will somebody smash the windscreen to punch it? Do you hide them away when not in the car? Ta for advice in advance.

Pinch it, I mean

Edited by Pritt Stick
Typo