Martial arts or Boxing for a 3 year old.

I am looking for a Martial Art class or Boxing classes for my 3yr old. I just want something fun that can teach him the basics and keep him entertained. His dad does a bit of MMA and my son is facinated by it but I want him to learn in a controlled environment safely and correctly. I would prefer a pays as you go class if possible. I have been in touch with one group who were only interested in the hard sell and would not tell me a class price just that it varies. If anyone knows any friendly groups local to S5 please let me know. :)

I am looking for a Martial Art class or Boxing classes for my 3yr old. I just want something fun that can teach him the basics and keep him entertained. His dad does a bit of MMA and my son is facinated by it but I want him to learn in a controlled environment safely and correctly. I would prefer a pays as you go class if possible. I have been in touch with one group who were only interested in the hard sell and would not tell me a class price just that it varies. If anyone knows any friendly groups local to S5 please let me know. :)

Where does he do the MMA? I take it they don't do a kids class?

Yep, personally, I'd be strongly inclined to avoid this place. Good luck finding somewhere more suitable for your little one!

Where does he do the MMA? I take it they don't do a kids class?

He does a couple of different classes. No one knows of any that would take under 5's. However I have had a message about a class who would be happy to let me take him to see how he is.

Doesnt brendan ingle still run st thomas boxing school at wincobank,he would be the man to help your three year old.:)

Yep, personally, I'd be strongly inclined to avoid this place. Good luck finding somewhere more suitable for your little one!

Thanks. It put us straight off to be honest. We are not being tight however he is 3 and may not enjoy it so we are really reluctant to throw loads of money at it on the first night to find he does not enjoy it or want to join in or want to go again. Someone has been in touch with me now on here the class looks great and exactly what we were thinking of we just need to check we can get there in time for it starting.:)

---------- Post added 05-02-2014 at 16:03 ----------

Doesnt brendan ingle still run st thomas boxing school at wincobank,he would be the man to help your three year old.:)

I already messaged them about Junior classes. I asked the starting age and got a one word email back that simply said

"5"

So he needs to wait a couple of years yet.

Zest at Upperthorpe has a 30 min karate/games class Tuesdays 4pm for the young children.