Hatfield Primary school accident

this morning there was another accident outside hadfield school a young girl knocked down on her way to school, not long ago the patrol crossing lady was knocked down.what is wrong with the drivers that come racing along that road? dont they realise there is a school and a nursery on that road.i myself have seen cars speeding along that road at school time

drivers just think would you be able to stop if a child ran into the road

to be fair tho is not always drivers fault not every driver speeds and sometimes some parents are the to blame letting young children walk behind them ect.. while they are to busy checking facebook on there mobiles

Lets be honest the people who display the worst driving in the vicinity of a school are the sodding parents who have kids there.

My daughter was run down a few years ago crossing the road to hinde house school on Shiregreen lane, just down the road from this, the woman that ran her over was rushing to get Her kids to school in Ecclesfield.

Like you said some of the worst drivers are the people driving their kids to school.

they need zebra crossings outside all primary schools

would that help? like i said the crossing lady was hit by a car lot that long ago

How would zebra crossings help?

Would those selfish parents who drive their kids to school and park outside the school gates suddenly honour these zebra crossings, and either slow down or park elsewhere, and risk their kids walking 50 metres to school?

Even as a grown up, my most recent near-death experiences have occurred whilst using zebra crossings.

Need to look at the parents who park near schools. If it wasn't for them there would be greater visibility for alk! Go near any school between 8.30 - 9.15 & 2.50 - 3.30 and there is an array if selfish drivers/parents who are only bothered about how little distance there child can walk to the car and not give a dam about anybody else

this morning there was another accident outside hadfield school a young girl knocked down on her way to school, not long ago the patrol crossing lady was knocked down.what is wrong with the drivers that come racing along that road? dont they realise there is a school and a nursery on that road.i myself have seen cars speeding along that road at school time

drivers just think would you be able to stop if a child ran into the road

Hope the girl in question is ok.

I hope the girl is ok and soon makes a good recovery

I also hope the driver is alright. Whether it was driver error / speed or the girl stepped out / tripped or fell into the road the driver has had a shock too

I truly believe that our children are important enough to have a yellow bus service, similar to the USA, and keep cars well away from schools. I realise this poses problems with people who live close to them, but traffic freezes are possible, and although this would cause problems, surely our children are worth it. Yes, there are schools on main thoroughfares, but a policed calming presence (not necessarily the police, but similar to traffic officers) could slow the traffic down, and if this puts people out, then maybe they should find another route.