(HELP) Old Victorian Classrooms

Hi!

Im hoping someone can help me as im trying to rack my brains (unsuccessfully)

When I went to Intake Primary School (I left nearly 13 years ago) we went on a trip to ‘Victorian Classrooms’ experience and I cannot remember where it was for the life of me, Someone suggested it was in the Town Centre but I vaguely remember the Herdings area of the city! (possibly where the valley park school is now)

Does anyone have any recollection of where im on about or am I making it up?

Thanks

Yes, it was in the Old Herdings school, now replaced by Valley Park school. My sons went there for the same visit.

Springfield School in town do this....

It was Herdings School, now Valley Park (it was demolished & rebuilt).

We went to one like this as kids, I think it was at the side of Hillsborough park, although I was young.

If you are wanting to visit a similar one I think there is one at the Elsecar Heritage Centre but check before you go as it is a few years since I last visited that area of the centre

in the 50s I went to pye bank school at pitsmoor and in my first class room the teach didn't have a desk but stood behind a lectern the sort the vicar would stand behind to give his sermon, how the teacher stood there all that time was beyond me she must have been knackered only thing was she didn't wear 6" inch heals like they do today, I remember when we went to gleadless valley sec school when one day we got a new sports teacher with mini skirts showing next weeks washing, all the lads would ogle her for as long as they could me included now I forgotten her name

If you are wanting to visit a similar one I think there is one at the Elsecar Heritage Centre but check before you go as it is a few years since I last visited that area of the centre

Yep,pretty sure its still there.:)

Hi!

Im hoping someone can help me as im trying to rack my brains (unsuccessfully)

When I went to Intake Primary School (I left nearly 13 years ago) we went on a trip to ‘Victorian Classrooms’ experience and I cannot remember where it was for the life of me, Someone suggested it was in the Town Centre but I vaguely remember the Herdings area of the city! (possibly where the valley park school is now)

Does anyone have any recollection of where im on about or am I making it up?

Thanks

Perhaps it was here at Springfield School

http://victorianclassroom.com/contact-us/

---------- Post added 07-01-2014 at 15:38 ----------

Springfield School in town do this....

Sorry Acorns just seen post:)