John birkhill deserves a medal

A brass plaque outside of the town hall, one with a pram on it :)

Well Done !

that's a great idea a plaque,do they do a walk of fame near the town hall or is it possible to do a survey of ideas and let the council know how the public think about his work,as he enters his second part of his fund raising,any ideas

What is a BEM? Sorry for being foreign. Also, I totally agree, he should be bestowed a high UK honour, OBE?

that's a great idea a plaque,do they do a walk of fame near the town hall or is it possible to do a survey of ideas and let the council know how the public think about his work,as he enters his second part of his fund raising,any ideas

Yes, they have brass plates on the pavement outside of the town hall for Sheffield's famous :)

well if they have brass plates at the townhall I suggest we all band together and insist he is granted one its the least he deserves,how do we contact to get this man one,as I am sure everyone agrees he deserves one to say the least thanks

I agree, he is an absolute diamond. I think he is more entitled to a star on Sheffields Walk of fame than most, but unfortunately the criteria is that the nominee should be recognised at National or international level.

It might be still worth setting up a scheme for nominations for him, as we did with the Olympic Torch bearer scheme? If enough people nominate him, the powers that be may take notice?

help required then is there anyone out there that knows how to get john on the walk of fame at the town hall,he deserves it to say the least,hes loved wherever he goes,so come on lets make it happen,i am sure this forum can make this work thanks

help required then is there anyone out there that knows how to get john on the walk of fame at the town hall,he deserves it to say the least,hes loved wherever he goes,so come on lets make it happen,i am sure this forum can make this work thanks

A petition ?

I don't think it would need that though, I'm sure the people who run our council are just as much fans of him as the rest, maybe you just have to submit a request to the town hall and let the Councillors vote on it ?

Too reight - that man makes me proud to come from Sheffield and there isn't much else that does:hihi::hihi::hihi:

is there any councillors ect,who use this site who can put his name forward or could we do a vote via this site or am I best just contacting the local councillors and state the general opinion of the Sheffield public think its a deserved cause,i am quite willing to do this myself,final ideas?,and thank you all for all your help whichever way its decided to put his name forward,i think you all agree hes worth the award thank you